Revenge | Teen Ink

Revenge

May 20, 2013
By rachelallen1321 BRONZE, Columbus, Montana
rachelallen1321 BRONZE, Columbus, Montana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Sitting outside the Courthouse not knowing where to go. I just gained all of my freedom from spending 30 years in the penitentiary when I was supposed to have a life sentence. Not knowing how to act, isolated from the world for the horrible deed I had done, a double homicide. I had to kill them though, it was an act of self defense, in a way. They took my daughter from me, why would someone want my daughter? What could I have done to someone to make them want to treat my own blood so cruel? Now I'm out of jail all on my own, what do I do? Millions of thoughts ran through the man's mind, finally he had decided to go and pay his respects to the grave that he thought would never come before his, his daughter's. He walked for miles until he had reached the place he dreaded being. Each step became more and more painful the closer he got to her freshly dug grave. He looked down at the marble rectangular shaped stone, "May her wings take her to the places she always wanted to go, help her watch over the ones she loved, and bring peace to the life she is now living." He read her tombstone aloud with tears running down his cheeks.
Dropping to his knees, he began to pray, to pray for things he had never thought of before, the things that really mattered in life. After that stop, he decided to go to the deceased mens' family and tell them that he is sorry for the pain he had caused but he had to do whatever it took to save his daughter and yet that still wasn't good enough she was tortured to death and her body was found years later when he was set free because they had the evidence that they finally needed to completely solve the case. He had no way of transportation besides his own two feet, so he then walked to a place he never thought he would be for a reason he never dreamed of. When he finally got to the door, his shoes had practically no soles left, and he was out of breath as he knocked on the door. When a old fragile woman, with snow white hair, answered the door he began. . .
"To them my case was just another folder to slip inside one of their blue boxes" He began to state to the family that had lost two of the people they loved dearly "but to me. . . well, that was my livelihood, she was my world and the only thing I had left of her mother. I understand what it is like to love someone so much and then all of the sudden lose them. But what you don't understand is the fact that the person I had lost was in pain the day she was kidnapped. I came home to an empty house knowing something didn't feel right. She was gone for years and in fear and pain everyday. Yes I did murder your sons, and you may think I am a monster but all I wanted back was my daughter, she never belonged with them. All they thought about was the pleasure they would get out of an innocent girl. So please take into consideration that those two men had no right to take my daughter from me. They deserved to die."

The old woman had so much pain and sorrow in her eyes. Tears fell slowly as she looked deeply in his soul, and began. . .
"Why is it that you have walked all this way to apologize? You have no reason to be here, no one wants you here. The pain you have caused is unbearable. You ruined a family. Go ahead and feel better about yourself but on your last day on this planet I hope you know you're going to hell. . ."
He interrupted the lady who looked so sweet and yet the words that were coming out of her mouth like vomit seemed to flow so easily. It disgusted him. ". . . Well I guess I will meet your two sons down there, now wont I?"

He heard footsteps come up behind him, feeling the presence of a dark shadow lurking. Before he had the chance to look back, a bullet spun in slow motion closer and closer to his death. Pushing through his skull, shattering brittle bits and pieces of his cranium, just as easily as breaking a thin piece of glass. Splattering blood agianst walls and all over the mysterious figure standing behind him, as this mysterious man breathed heavily, realizing what he had just done and began to have a disgusting grimace on his face. The lifeless body fell to the ground with blood pouring out like a river flowing into the ocean. The large silhouette stood over the cold body as it slowly began to turn blue, he then said "you killed my sons because they killed you're daughter? Well then I guess you can take this, my friend, as karma."


The author's comments:
It is a father getting revenge for men who caused his daughter pain.