The Kid

Look up at that wall of quotes kid, pick one to fuel the fire in your young heart. Everyone's been where you're at now and yet you're feeling useless and doubting everything that you are. Writing in a notebook when you're supposed to be studying for that important test tomorrow. You'll scramble in the morning, won't you, battling the sleep that tries to bog you down.
What's the problem? Hate your peers, your teachers and all the family that doesn't call and never really did? Then you've got it, the job is yours. You can be a writer, just step inside and we'll show you around. Soon enough, your every thought is going to be poured onto paper.
You'll feel scared at first, afraid to show your true feelings, you're a fish out of water. You've always kept a straight face, it's a clean slate, nothing gets to you, right? Nah, you're all jelly inside, aren't you? You're screaming to be heard while everyone else only hears a peep, a sigh. Your heart is like everyone else's except that you were born with it broken and everything hurts. You'll go on, you'll carry on like all those other kids but you're different. You see the truth in the world that other people don't. It just kills you doesn't it? You can see other people too, you're a natural X-ray and hate it.
You even lack that fire that most people live off of.
That's why we need you kid, you're not that different, you're just like us. You can join us, the ranks of the elite, the writers of the world. Sure, it's going to be a hard life for you and you might turn to some sort of destructive addiction but you'll enlighten the future generations! It'll pay off in the end, we promise. You'll love it, absolutely love it once you get over the fact that you're bound for failure in the first billion words and then it just gets harder. But once you get past that, you'll find your truth, the thing that you search for in libraries and empty notebooks. You'll be great kid, I can see it in the emptiness of your eyes.

None0 said...
May 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm:
This captured my thoughts on society nearly spot-on.   But since I don't judge on content (because ideas are variable between people), I'll just say, you have some awkward phrasing in the first third of the story, and some of your adjectives sound a little misplaced. Other than those minor errors, the piece is very well written.

Icithra replied...
Feb. 6 at 6:29 pm :
That was beutiful work. Your sentances flowed really nicely. It almost sounded like poetry or a song. Great job!

glamouriize said...
May 28, 2013 at 8:27 pm:
Hello! I'm glad to see you're writing. You're skilled much like most writers on here. I enjoyed reading however I have read some of your other pieces and can see the advances in your writing. I'd say this piece has a great theme yet doesn't appear to have as much effort put into it as some of your poetry. I agree though you have great potential!  Regardless of my opinions, wonderful piece bravo :)

RoyalCorona replied...
May 28, 2013 at 8:47 pm :
Thank you so much! It was a real spur of the moment writing thing and I haven't edited it at all so yeah, that's probably why it doesn't have the amount of effort that my poems have. Thank you for saying that I'm skilled, it means a lot!

glamouriize replied...
May 29, 2013 at 12:08 pm :
Totally understandable! It's still good work though. :)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm:
Very good. I love the hope in the hopelessness. It was very good.

RoyalCorona replied...
May 28, 2013 at 8:48 pm :
Thank you! I love getting comments, I get to see all the good thoughts of my other Teenink members!!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm:
Hey there! From your two poems I saw a lot of potential in your poetry skills and in this story I see potential here, too. You have a lot of talent that is clearly shown throughout all of your work I read and I am excited to read more. You have written something very relatable and not just for anyone but for us, for the writers. And we understand you and the problems you go through as a writer. You did a great job on this, I know what you mean, and in the end I felt relief because I know what it... (more »)

RoyalCorona replied...
May 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm :
Thank you so much! I can't even explain in words how your comment made me feel!! I am so happy to see that people actually think that I have writing potential and believe in me! Thank you so much!

RoyalCorona said...
May 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm:
Thanks BookNerd35!! Appreciated as always!! 

BookNerd35 said...
May 28, 2013 at 2:03 pm:
Amazing as always!!