Change My Uniform | Teen Ink

Change My Uniform

By Stacy James SILVER, Orlando, Florida
Stacy James SILVER, Orlando, Florida

After a demoralizing defeat on a Friday night in Boston against the New York Yankees, the Boston Red Sox’s walk back to the locker room. Everyone blamed the loss on pitcher, Daniel Brad after he struck out with bases loaded to end the game.
The next week on game day, the team was still angry with their star pitcher. While Brad was practicing his batting skills, infielder Drew Sutton and catcher David Ross pulled a prank on Daniel Brad by taking his uniform, baseball, bat, and hat designed for a home game and replacing them with away game attire and gear. Daniel Brad is always the last player to come into the dugout from the locker room, so his teammates knew that their MVP winning teammate would never notice the “little change.” As Brad was jogging out the locker room into the ballpark to serve the first pitch he could hear the laughter from the crowd and the dugout. Seeing his team in the dugout dressed in the all white uniform Brad quickly realized what happened but it was too late.
Knowing there was nothing he could do Daniel Brad took his place in the baseball diamond. As the opposing batter came to his area, Brad knew he had to gain his teams trust back. Brad with all his strength threw his fastest curveball, the fury in his pitch lead to the immediate strike out of his opponent. Daniel’s fury lasted the whole game and he didn’t allow any hits, not one point was given to his opponents. After their defeat the Red Sox’s walked into the locker room all cheerful. Daniel Brad has proved to his team his value and he would be far from team bullying for at least the rest of the season.