My Life is Red | Teen Ink

My Life is Red

By ArbenGutierrez-Bujari BRONZE, San Jose, California
ArbenGutierrez-Bujari BRONZE, San Jose, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Red
I place my hand out slowly towards the blazing flame. The warmth starts to travel up my hand as if it were medicine to heal my weak frail body. The intensity of the heat causes me to drawback my hand, a sharp pain shoots into my hand but quickly diminishes. An unusual sound bounces off the walls of the old cabin and into my sharp young ears, a bird perhaps. Quickly I looked out my window to see a wonderfully bright colored robin. The bird, resting on the tree not a threat to me nor I a threat to it. After enjoying the bird beautiful chirping, my stomach begins to rumble. Slowly I started to head to the kitchen thinking of what delightful snack could satisfy my craving. I arrive in the kitchen and swiftly open the refrigerator, and there it was a container of sweet organic strawberries. I reached in, grabbed a berry and bit into the tangy succulent fruit. As my taste buds danced the world around me brightened as if someone turned a light one is a dark room. I calmly walked outside and made my way to the garden full of roses. I picked the loveliest rose I could find and allowed its beauty to hypnotize me into a relaxed state. The rose was aromatic and smelled somehow juicy and pleasing. The sensation kicked my brain into action and I starting thinking about everything that ever happened. Then it hit me, my life is red.

How would it feel if you were blind? You would never know what colors are so I decided to attempt to describe the color RED

on Apr. 3 2014 at 8:24 pm
That was really well put, Bruh! I especially felt that the heat from the flame burning was a great way to demonstrate the color through emotion. I'm impressed. Even with the few errors, it was a great expression (for which no one may judge you).