Dark Days | Teen Ink

Dark Days

May 6, 2013
By OliveTreeLover BRONZE, Brandon, Vermont
OliveTreeLover BRONZE, Brandon, Vermont
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Middle school is supposed to be hard, but this? This was to much, the suffering was too much, everything. Why did I love him so? Was it even worth it? Chapter 1: The Beginning “Here” I was waiting for this day since July. I finally got to see him. Sky. Even the name made me smile, best of all he was in my advisory! I could stare at him for the first fourteen minutes of school, what a way to start the day. Maybe he’s even in some of my classes. For the first time in my life I would like school.
? ? ?
What a feeling, talking to him, looking deep into his eyes and just talking, he smiling when he sees me. Little did I know that this was all going to change...a lot.
“Time for class,” Our advisory teacher said, which coincidentally was also our Geography teacher.
Feet stomping to get to class, papers rustling to find where they were going. I looked down at my paper. Room 206, Math, Mr.Stoner. I saw Sky a few people ahead of me. Was he going to 206 too? I smiled, but then went expressionless when I saw him turn left into 207 with Alex. Alex one of my best friends since second grade. I walked aimlessly and passed 204 and 205. Here we go...206. I took a deep breath and walked in. I exhaled as I saw three of my friends there and waved. I pass Emery and Becca then it next to Sun. Sadly, my other best friend June was on the other side of the school. Oh well, that sucks. I could care less about math right now. I picked a page out of my notebook and started doodling Sky’s name over and over with little hearts around it....Ah Sky. Time ticks by as doodles become more repetitive.
“Time to go,” Mr.Stoner announced. “Don’t forget your Homework.” No one cared. We all groaned and walked out the door to the next class. Science. I passed Sky and waved. He smiled and waved back. I looked down at my beaten up shoes and walked by, smiling to myself. This is going to be a great year. Maybe just maybe he would date me. Just maybe....As I walked down up the stairs to my next class I smiled to myself hoping he would be there. Of course with my luck he wasn’t, once again he was with Alex. At least she would have fun with him. Did Alex even like him? I hoped that she didn’t because if she did this year was going to suck. At lunch I sat with June, Candace, Alex, and (thank god) not Sky.
“First day of school and we already have homework,” June started complaining.
“Yeah, At least we have lockers...except mine is bigger.” I replied in the kind of voice you use to gloat.
“Well you're just the best aren't you?” June replied sarcastically.
“No need to remind me, that's not good for your self-confidence,” I snickered. Of course I ruined the comeback by using the self-confidence excuse. Who does that anyways?
“Really? Your started that self-confidence thing again?” June said mockingly.
“No, where would you get that - OMG! Look,” I turned my head to see a scrawny boy in the stupidest shoes approach one of the popular girls. We all knew what was going to happen but we went over to watch anyways. He got rejected and had that look that described it all.
? ? ?
When I got home I grabbed my phone and texted Sky;
-Hi
-Helloooooooo
-Call me?
-OK
“Helloooooooo,”
“Hi,” Even the sound of his voice made me laugh.
“What was that?”
“Nothing,”
“ OK,”
We talked for one hour straight. I sat on my bed and sighed, this year was going to be great! I could just tell.

Ah, Advisory, what secrets await me here. Sky was sitting across from me on his phone. How cute he looked sitting there so concentrated. I let out a big sigh and Emery caught me.
“What's wrong?”
“Nothing,”
“You sure?” The bell rung and I walked -ran- to catch up to Sky. I walked beside him wanted to say something, but not knowing what to say. He turned to 207 and I said a quick ‘bye’ and left. Although we were in the same school, not the same classes, I like it. While on the other hand, not being with him enough as I’d like...was going to suck.

Two months later nothing really had changed, except my relationship with Sky. We didn’t text or talk as much, it made me sad but I’m guessing he couldn't care less. So I told Candace, June, and Alex about my crush on Sky. I let Candace tell Sky. He wasn't surprised. Was it that obvious? Well on another note the dance is today. But, I’m not his lucky date. Alex is! I almost screamed when I heard it. I was walking down the hall with Alex when we passed Sky, Alex asked if he wanted to go to the dance with Sky, he said yes.
So here I am walking into the dance, the beat making my body bounce up and down, while my mom signed the forms I wandered off and found Emery and June. I told my mom I was going and walked in. I found Alex and walked over to where she was, we screamed the lyrics to the songs we knew and jumped to the ones we didn’t. When the awkward slow dance came on I knew what was going to happen, but I guess I wasn't fully emotionally prepared, I got as far away from anyone as I could and saw them together, and cried, no not cried-bawled, Alex was smiling and so was Sky. I’m so glad that June wasn't there to see me, or Candace. That would've made things worse. Towards the end of the song I dried my tears and ran to the bathroom to continue my bawling. Why me? Why not Candace or June? What did I do to deserve this? To make matters worse June, Candace, and Alex came into the bathroom. I lifted my feet to the side of the stall and listened,
“I swear she ran here,”
“Where is she?”
“Not here obviously,”
“You guys sure? She looked really upset,”
“Yeah, I’m sure lets go,” I heard the door slam. I wiped my tears and continued on my way to sneak out of the bathroom. Low and behold there they were waiting for me outside. I ran into the gym to hide among the crowds of people, of course I found the one Sky was in, I ran out to another one. OK I know these people, I wiped my eyes again trying my best to hide my sadness. Then went out to find June and Alex. They were in their own small group with Sky and Candace, I joined in and June asked what was wrong, I ignored her and Alex’s constant blurb of questions. “Was it me? Come on tell me what did I do?” I kept following Alex and Sky, than Sky literally shouted at me, “Will you leave me alone? God!??” I once again ran to the bathroom but this time Candace found me and asked me what was wrong I kept answering “Sky!” Alex pulled me out of the bathroom and I saw Sky looking at me and he tried to say something but I bolted back to my stall. This time June got me out and I listened to Sky’s stupid excuse/apology. I couldn't care less. I told him to just leave me alone. He apologized again but then ruined it with another excuse, I just ignored him and walked on with Candace. How could he do this to me? I thought we were friends? Well obviously he doesn't care about other peoples feelings, other than his.
I couldn't believe him. After knowing him for this long I thought he cared about other people. But, I guess he is just as self-centered as I thought. I wish these days would just poof away. I liked him, no loved, but this, this just changes everything.


The author's comments:
This is actually a biography i guess in a way.