Listen

I'm trying to tell you something important; I'm trying to let you in. But no. You have more important things to do. Your life is more important than mine. You shout and walk out the door. I am left alone, with the statement of my hopes and my dreams still hanging in the air like a broken spider's web trailing in the breeze.

I tried, I really did. But you didn't listen. Can't you see how important this is to me? I've been working practically my whole life on this, but that's not enough is it? Because this is about me, and not about you. And I won’t say a thing, just like always.

Don't worry, you're not the first to turn me down. My smile always fades every time I tell someone. Because they give me this look that says, "I'm supposed to believe you did this? You, a fourteen year-old girl, wrote a book? You, a kid, are going to try and get published?" Every time, I tell myself it is making me stronger. I tell myself this will harden my resolve.

But what if my determination becomes so taught that the next time it's pushed against, it has nowhere to go, so it breaks. It breaks into a million pieces of shattered hopes and broken dreams and abandoned wants. What are you going to do then? Are you going to give me that look again? Are you going to shout? Are you going to walk out the door?

And I am left alone, my hopes and my dreams like a broken spider's web trailing in the breeze.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 22, 2013 at 9:01 pm:
Hi Elizabeth!! Just know your not alone!! I am writing a novel also and also hope to be published!! I really want to make a story that makes people cry. Okay, back to your piece, I agree with Lexus that the title is FABULOUS! Also, I can feel your frustrating and longing. Don't we all feel that when someone turns us down? You are a Really talented writer! Just a question, if this is mostly true why is it in the fiction section? Not that that's a bad thing. Just curious. Amazing job once again. O... (more »)

estucker1998 replied...
May 23, 2013 at 4:00 pm :
Thank you! To tell you the truth, I put in under fiction simply out of habit, I think. I completely forgot it was mostly nonfiction! Ha! I appreciate the encouragment, and I DEFINITELY want to read your story! Thanks!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 23, 2013 at 6:18 pm :
Your welcome! Oh and thank you for reading my book! I thought no one would, so thanks! I often put things under the wrong sections also, so don't worry! :) keep rockin Elizabeth

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2013 at 3:59 pm:
Hey Elizabeth! I like the title, I really did not expect this to go the way it did. You put your everything into this I can tell. I see that you truly meant all that you said. You have this under the fiction section, but I feel like this is true? And if it is, just know that you will get what you deserve, okay? And even if it takes longer than you'd like, it will happen. And when it does happen, you can be sure to include that the book was written when you were 14. And you could even put som... (more »)

tuckertwin12 replied...
May 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm :
Thank you! Most of that is true (yeah, I'm writing a book, and yeah it's tough) so I really appreciate what you said. I'm working hard on it and once I'm done editing, I'm looking at possible agents. That might be a little ambitious but I believe in my story and that's all I can hope for. If it gets publised I'll send you a copy :)

tuckertwin12 replied...
May 5, 2013 at 6:09 pm :
So Lexus, I had a question. Do you think I could send you the first 3 chapters of my book (the first three is right before it really takes off)? I think you have a really good eye for writing and it would be a huge help if you could give me some feedback. I'd love to know what you think. Please reply! 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 5, 2013 at 9:44 pm :
Hey there, sorry, it's been a very busy day! Omph, Sundays should be relax days! Haha. Yeah, I have heard it's tough, but with the talent that you have always so strongly shown you will get it published. And when it gets published, I'd like your signature on that book to show people when they are like omg I love Elizabeth's books! Yeah, you can show me the first three chapters and I would love to help you.

tuckertwin12 replied...
May 5, 2013 at 10:26 pm :
I know. Sundays are always my busiest days! And thank you for wanting to help! How would it be best to show it to you? Not sure I want to post it on the internet... 

May 6, 2013 at 12:07 am :
Okay, what's the best way to do it?

tuckertwin12 replied...
May 6, 2013 at 8:19 am :
Email maybe...?

tuckertwin12 replied...
May 6, 2013 at 6:41 pm :
Or google docs.