Your Bystander | Teen Ink

Your Bystander

By cometsaurus BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
cometsaurus BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

She's blond, wears Uggs and skinny jeans. She presses heat to her hair to make it perfect. She puts on makeup to accent her eyes. She has that laugh, that body, that look, that personality that grabs you and pulls you into the world of flawless girls. You look around and see the others, being completely blinded by the view of beautiful, tall girls that seem so perfect. You don't notice me or anyone else. The only time you do is in that one class at the end of the day when you actually talk to me, and give me those pity laughs that make me realize that I'm not special to you, but rather some bystander that runs a coffee shop that you visit every once in a while. I too am blinded by you. Your eyes, your laugh, your jokes, your words, the way you avoid me sucks me into a completely different universe. An endless pit universe where I'm falling for you.

This is a caption to a drawing that I made of the girl I described in the beginning of the story. My actual feelings toward a boy that I like inspired the story/caption.

cometsaurus BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
I wrote this piece to be relateable. :) Many people have gone through forbidden feelings and love. Glad you liked this! Thank you!

hollandpiggy BRONZE, Holland, Texas

Did you try?

I can relate to this so well! I always feel like I'm not seen by the guys.