Out With The Old and on With The New | Teen Ink

Out With The Old and on With The New

April 12, 2013
By Amelia Hooper SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
Amelia Hooper SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

At the start of every new year I always reflect upon the old one. My reflection is, once again, the same as all the other years before. I realize just how much I have forgotten, how little I have to reflect on. First, I try to think of all the good things I have done. There was the time I let some one have my chair in a crowded place! But, oh wait, I remember now, I pulled that chair out from under them! It was just a joke... Well there was the time I made cookies for my Sunday school class! But I remember leaving the sugar out of those...
Then I try to think of all the lives I might have changed. Harry's innards won't be the same since I dared him to a hot sauce chugging contest. (Mine might have been ketchup rather than actual hot sauce). I am sure I taught the mall cop a life lesson on the intricacies of teenager pranks and diversions.
Trying not to despair I think of all the new friends I made in the past year. Well there is.. No, she has been my friend for two years. Um, Bobby? Well that is questionable since he is only my friend when I have money.
Well, at the very least I have a new year to pretend I am going to remedy the fact that I did nothing useful the year before.