Out With The Old and on With The New | Teen Ink

Out With The Old and on With The New

By Amelia Hooper SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
Amelia Hooper SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah

At the start of every new year I always reflect upon the old one. My reflection is, once again, the same as all the other years before. I realize just how much I have forgotten, how little I have to reflect on. First, I try to think of all the good things I have done. There was the time I let some one have my chair in a crowded place! But, oh wait, I remember now, I pulled that chair out from under them! It was just a joke... Well there was the time I made cookies for my Sunday school class! But I remember leaving the sugar out of those...
Then I try to think of all the lives I might have changed. Harry's innards won't be the same since I dared him to a hot sauce chugging contest. (Mine might have been ketchup rather than actual hot sauce). I am sure I taught the mall cop a life lesson on the intricacies of teenager pranks and diversions.
Trying not to despair I think of all the new friends I made in the past year. Well there is.. No, she has been my friend for two years. Um, Bobby? Well that is questionable since he is only my friend when I have money.
Well, at the very least I have a new year to pretend I am going to remedy the fact that I did nothing useful the year before.