The Mission (Pilot) | Teen Ink

The Mission (Pilot)

April 1, 2013
By Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California
Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California
8 articles 0 photos 4 comments

The streets of Venice were void, no people rushing every way, trying to get ahead. It was completely desolate. This is not what I expected Italy to be like. My partner was supposed to be here by now, but no matter.. I now jogged alongside the sidewalk through the pouring rain. My only purpose was to get home safe and sound. The broken phone in my hand was of no use, it had been dropped while someone was trying to acquire classified information from it in my absence. Of course, I couldn’t let that happen. It would be too risky. I have been working an undercover case and if my files fell into the wrong hands, I would surely be made.

As I crossed the street, the light flashed green, allowing me to pass. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black SUV parked in the middle of the road. It seemed to be having engine problems but as I gazed over at the license plate I knew instantly who it was. In the driver seat sat a young brunette woman. At her side, riding shotgun was a red-haired male with a scruffy beard. As I was running past, the redheaded man stepped out, walking across the street. If he was trying to be sly about his staring, he was not doing a very good job. Suddenly another man who I assume was in the car was as my side, shouting.

“You’re the girl Wilfred Thomas was supposed to meet!” He exclaimed.
I was in total shock; my brows went low as I conveyed an expression of confusion, “I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I shouted in reply as I tried to run faster.
The man now ran up beside me and stopped me by grabbing onto my shoulders. I now could get a better look at him. He had dark brown hair that sat on his head almost like a mop, going every which way. His deep green eyes were intimidating, but not as much as my Boss’. Turning my head to the side, I at once recognized him as Jerry Davis. He was a member of the Dannoso gangster clan.

Jerry now spoke, “Wilfred, my buddy over there,” he said as he motioned to the redheaded man,” he was told to meet a girl jogging down the road with a phone in her hands. Said she might seem rushed.” He finished with a smirk.


I looked down at my broken phone then back up at him. I assume he thinks I am trying to evade him, when I obviously look like the one they are searching for. The truth is: I am. I can’t allow him to know that though. Not just yet. I have to close this case soon.

I then shook free from his grasp and started back enroute,
“Seriously, man. You have the wrong girl! I don’t know whatever you were told. All I want is to get home.” I shouted as I ran, doing my best not to fall into the slippery street.

The man did nothing but simply stare at me as I ran past, “I know who you are! We’ll have our moment and we—Wilfred will have his chance in the spotlight!”

“Dude! I don’t know you okay?! It’s best friend’s grandfather’s 79th birthday today,” I lied, trying to improvise, “I have to get home. I don’t know you or this Wilfred! Just leave me be before I call the cops for harassment!”


At this moment I bet he thinks he really screwed up. I could see him out of the corner of my eye running back to Wilfred Thomas and to the black SUV. They jumped in the car and sped off. I assume they are going to tell they boss they failed. What I can’t believe is, I shook that back at the HQ here in Italy. Now they are following me home?


I would have taken then all then and there, but my protective vest and gun is at my hotel. Best thing to do though is prepare for when they come again, and they will. This time I will not have my guard down and my partner will be there. I’m going to call him now and we will get together a strategy to take down this Dannoso gangster clan and its Kingpin, Danny Figuero. We when do, they are going to regret the moment they messed with one of our own as well as innocent civilians. NCIS will not stand for this. Danny Figuero better sleep with one eye open!