Homesick | Teen Ink

Homesick

March 27, 2013
By Blackbeauty101 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Blackbeauty101 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a cold morning and it was time to leave this house that was my true home. I grew up in this house for 15 years and now I’m leaving, and no more friends and no more a house I can call home. My room is now empty and the movers picked up the last box and my yelled “Its time to go.”







As I approached the car I looked back at the house and a little tear smeared down my cheek its really hard leaving this home because of all the wonderful memories. I remember my 8th birthday party which was the best ever in the backyard with friends and family. Also on thanksgiving when all the family came over and we had a good time laughing and making jokes. Now all those memories have died out because there now gone inside this empty house. I feel as though I’m leaving something inside this empty house that I once called my home or maybe I’m just still not ready to go.


Closing the door to the car I feel like I left my soul in that house because I feel like nothing as I slumped down in my seat. My mother keeps telling me moving is the best thing in our future but she doesn’t love this house the way I do. Where moving on the other side of town and now it feels as though I need to start over with everything especially my memories. New friends, new school and of course a new home still I miss my home. Finally we pulled inside the drive thru to the new house, which was way bigger than the other house but it still didn’t make a difference to me.

Opening the door the aroma of a new home made me sick and I ran back outside to sit on the porch. The wind was blowing hard and it sent shivers down my back as I buttoned up my jacket. After a while I made an effort to go inside the house and check out everything and I liked what I had seen so far because in this new house I have my own bathroom. Maybe I should give this new house a try maybe it’s not as bad as I make it to seem. Now it is time to make new memories in this new home.

I opened the door to my room that had a bunch of boxes piled up to the ceiling that were ready to be unpacked. Now I’m a little bit excited because I have more space and designing my room will be fun. This house is now my new home and it doesn’t matter that I have to make new friends or intend a new school.