Just A Perfection | Teen Ink

Just A Perfection

March 2, 2013
By BlueSunset BRONZE, Barcelona, Other
BlueSunset BRONZE, Barcelona, Other
3 articles 0 photos 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- Dr. Seuss


I sat down on my chair behind Reena. I was quite bored and felt like I had to impress everyone by saying something, though I didn't say a word.
I just sat there, thinking of an intelligent question to ask the teacher when suddenly, someone called me.
I jerked my head to my left and saw my crush, staring at me. I looked back at him, blankly.
'Can you lift your chair up, please?' he said, his index finger pointing at his blue and black jacket that was under my chair.
I smiled at him and moved my chair to the right, the jacket slipping away from the chair's foot. 'There you go.'
'Thanks, Alexandra.' he smiled at me and I turned around to sit properly again.
'So, how come I haven't seen you around for so long?'
I turned around and smiled, told him I'd been away for a while and we started to get into an interesting conversation although it had to come to an end as our exam was about to start.
'We'll talk later,' he said. 'Give me your number and I'll text you tonight'


The author's comments:
This is a very simple piece that I made because of a dare in the book 'Spilling Ink'. I recommend that novel to ALL emerging novelists because it really does help!
The dare consists of the following:
I DARE YOU Rewrite a scene from your life. Think of something that happened today. Something that wasn't perfect-maybe even something that as downright mortifying- and rewrite it as you would have wanted it to happen.
Everything I've written above is true, except I was so nervous I couldn't get the jacket away from the bottom of the chair because I was so nervous and ended up like a total idiot, thinking of a way to start a conversation but the time was up.