RIP EG & RD

By , Litchfield, NH
there's a lot of I'm sorry's in this world, and i didn't mean its that slip through every door and every crack and crevice their is. There's a lot of tears that fall down innocent faces. There's only a little screaming though, only a few its okays, and I'm fines. The i love you too's and I'm sorry's get stuck in the gutter when its raining hard and cant seem to slip under the door or slide through the open spaces in the window. They're stuck deep in the puddles in our driveways and tied to our kites that fly away in the wind at the beach. The apologies flow down cobble streets, pushed into the sewer. Never to be found again. Never to be whispered into a loved ones ear, or written in blue ink on a hallmark card, or screamed across a crowd of men in black suits at North Station. These words are gone forever. And we can never seem to find them when we're looking for them or need them the most.
But maybe
When the rain slows and you cant hear it fall on the pavement any longer, or when your kite finally falls back to the ground, you can reach really really deep, and pull out all your I'm sorry's and i love you too's and all the forgiveness you never did give that you wish you had. You can wash them all off, and they'll be shiny and brand new, and glisten in the sun. You can finally give them to the people that deserve them. You can finally scribble it into the empty card that's been sitting on your nightstand or let the words seep through your lips as you speak them. Its about time you got the hug you've been waiting three years for, or the call of five. But unfortunately, not everyone gets this chance. so say what you need to say when you need to say it. Scream your lungs out, and let these words be heard.
and never,
never ever,
let them be unsaid.

lynlivesforhim said...
Mar. 27 at 7:47 pm:
I love this! You have definitely covered a topic that a lot of people struggle with...getting the right amount of emotion is really difficult but you do it with ease...I can feel your pain..brought tears to my eyes! keep writing!:)

KrystenGouveia replied...
Mar. 29 at 7:45 pm :
Your feedback means the world to me. Thank you so much :) :) :)

LaylaGabriel said...
Mar. 27 at 7:10 pm:
Talk about being heard! I can totally feel the emotions and pain behind the story and I can feel what you meant by the Im sorrys tied and flying aways on the kite! This is the true feeling that people just cant unleash and cant put into words but you.. you just taught us the true meaning of saying what you need to say and being able to say it at the right time and everyone thanks you, I thank you for showing us... for writing it out for us!

KrystenGouveia replied...
Mar. 29 at 7:46 pm :
Wow, thank you so so so much! I love to hear throngs like that. You made my day! :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 5:15 pm:
I'm crying and full of tears after reading it i loved it and your really good. It really made you want to hug a love one and say i love you

KrystenGouveia replied...
today at 10:16 am :
awesome! thanks. thats really what i was going for.. thank you so much!!! xx

Sunny225This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 4:50 pm:
tears streaming down my eyes,........... luv it

KrystenGouveia replied...
Mar. 27 at 4:55 pm :
Thanks Sunny <3

Autumn-ReignThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 27 at 3:34 pm:
Amazing! I love all of the emotion and feelings you put into this. Such a powerfu message

KrystenGouveia replied...
Mar. 27 at 4:43 pm :
Thank You so much :)))))