Lost Friend | Teen Ink

Lost Friend

February 12, 2013
By TangledLaces21 BRONZE, Beaumont, California
TangledLaces21 BRONZE, Beaumont, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"This ain't goodbye. This is just where love goes, when words aren't warm enough, to keep away the cold."


The crooked smile of his pearly white teeth and the flow of his golden blonde hair. The light shade of blue that landed on me by accident but still managed to make me skin tingle and heart skip a beat. Jeans that encased hidden wonders and the blue sweatshirt that longed to be draped around my shoulders. I should know what I'm missing because I almost had him. Wrapped around my finger, he talked endlessly when I needed it and texted even if I never replied. But as suddenly as it began, it ended. For the first time, I began to message him but got no reply. At school, I watched as he avoided me and then the pain became a part of me. Losing a friend hurt but not knowing what I did wrong was worse. Weeks passed, months even, and I slowly started to rebuild my shattered heart. Before I knew it, my friend and I were crushing over the same guys and my long lost friend was in the past. However, later in life I learned that he had met someone who, after a few days, became officially taken. Although the jarred door had closed, anger and realization traveled throughout my veins; I wasn't easy enough.


The author's comments:
Freshman year I met a boy who started to talk to me and my crush started to unfold. It was a dark time already and he seemed to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Turns out, I was wrong.