Day of Darkness(Ransom #2) | Teen Ink

Day of Darkness(Ransom #2)

January 29, 2013
By AshleyDrake PLATINUM, Indian Trail, North Carolina
AshleyDrake PLATINUM, Indian Trail, North Carolina
35 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love you like this because I do not know any other way to love - Pablo Neruda, Sonnet 17


Under a canopy of trees, the boy collapses, laughing with his best friend. He is but 12, but already knows he wants to be known. He has just streaked the newspaper office with his best friend.
“Dude, we are sooo gonna be mentioned for this one,” Ransom Cadwell says.
“Yeah we better. Dontcha think we’re going a bit far?” grunts his friend Carter Bradshea.
With a hard glint in his eye Ransom answers with a cold “No.”
Carter shudders at his friends barely contained anger. “Bro, you’re going a bit far.”
“Far? HA! I know nothing of the sort. I need recognition,” the answer came with a tinge of madness.
“Man, get ahold of yourself. You know what? I’m out.” Carter says, fear hidden in his tone.
Turning around, Ransom grabs Carter. Insanity controlling him, he spits out, “No. I can get recognition easily”. He then proceeds to stab his best friend to death. Ransom drags the body to an abandoned shed, setting fire within. Escaping just barely, his entire face is covered in burns. “They will know me,” he says, all traces of his former self burned in that fire.


The author's comments:
This is the sequel to Ransom.