Writer's Dream | Teen Ink

Writer's Dream

January 29, 2013
By LastWarrior7 BRONZE, Floyds Knobs, Indiana
LastWarrior7 BRONZE, Floyds Knobs, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There will only be one of you for all eternity, so be yourself Fearlessly"


"Tell yourself you want to be a writer, and then imagine the masterpieces of perfected prose and plot that you will produce.
Three hours later mash your fingers against the brand new satin black keyboard in frustration of that mocking, blinking, bar on the blank document.
Go to concerts, learn to play an instrument, get inspired by the powerful raw emotion of music and the symphony of feeling that arises from beautiful melodies.
Try to create something as beautiful, and still glare at that triumphant vertical bar that continues to remain unmoved.
Experience love, chase after the long haired beauty of your dreams, and then burn slowly when none of it is returned. Decide you are over the heartbreak, and you are ready to use it for writing inspiration.
Still that blank document prevails and torments you until you slam your computer shut in agony.
Make friends, and then watch their sense of individuality get swallowed by society. Then experience betrayal and loneliness in the midst of everyone else’s happiness.
Return to the unwritten blank page and fail again to press any keys.
Watch your favorite series end in brilliance and magnificence, and then antagonize why you can't produce something that beautiful as what is before you.
Take all this to your computer, and fall asleep in front of the bare white sheet on the computer screen.
Read books, get inspired by the author’s skill and ideas. Decide that you want to produce something as emotionally inspiring.
Finally shut down the computer in tragedy, let it be forgotten underneath dreams of brilliance.
Try pursuing other hobbies. Broaden your knowledge and attempt to find other talents beyond writing, try to be someone you are not.
Occasionally glance at the pushed aside computer so you don't forget.
Say goodbye to trusted friends, fee alone in a new environment. Try to find your place as someone you're not....fail.
Take the old computer out of the bag and place it on the desk. Wait several long moments, and then return it to its bag with remorse.
Make new friends, witness the strength of their own ambitions. Talk about the future, re kindle your love for writing with a powerful book recommended by an old friend. Remember your dream to be the greatest.
Take out the old computer, call upon all of the inspiration you can muster, and then hours later toss the computer aside and antagonize why no words ever appear, ever.
Live your life the way you always thought would bring you happiness, feel empty inside for it. Watch the illusion of happiness shatter; scream at yourself on behalf of an unrealized dream.
Glance regretfully at the old computer, and then pack it into a box with everything else.
Let something commonplace and overlooked bring back the faintest measure of hope and inspiration. Cling to the remnants of your dream. Refuse to give up. Rip open the box and open the blank word document.
Write a masterpiece.


The author's comments:
This is a story about writers block and inspiration, and the tough journey that comes with realizing one's dream.