I should have done something | Teen Ink

I should have done something

By writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts
writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

Dear Ella,

I’m so sorry. I miss you so much and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t wish I had done something....anything. Such a small sacrifice for mw but it could cause a huge impact. The memory haunts me day and night. I’m forever guilty. Ella, I am truly sorry.

Love from,

Aubrey

September17, 2011
Dear Ella,

I walked by the Benny’s ice cream and I thought of you and how we always used to go there and buy one maple walnut and one oreo because we could never decide on which one so we split both. But today, I just walked right by it because I couldn’t bare to think of such a happy memory of us when I’m the only one who is able to remember it. I miss you so much and always think of you. I miss how you used to laugh at all my lame jokes and how you used to cry at the happy parts in movies because you wished that the characters life would remain happy when you knew it didn’t. Thats how I feel; the happy memories of us makes me cry because I know it will never happen again. I can never get the chance to undo what I did and for that I always have that guilt on my shoulders.

Love from,

Aubrey

Dear Ella,

Today I cried my self to sleep thinking of you. I must sound pathetic but I didn’t realize how much I depended on you for the little things. You would pick up my pencil if it fell off my desk or you would come over after school and help me finish my science essay or you would give me an extra quarter so I could buy lunch. I miss all of that. It seems that everything reminds me of you. I walked up to a girl with blond hair with fake red highlights and almost tapped her on the should but at the last second the miserable reality reminded me that you are dead. I turned and walked in the other direction as if to escape the truth. I will always love you and you will always be my best friend.

Love from,

Audrey

Dear Ella,

Happy Birthday. Right now we would be probably be at Chucky Cheese’s playing on the slides and crawling in the tubes that are meant for 4 year olds but Instead I’m here in my room righting this, alone. If you were here, we would probably tell me to stop being so boring. I’m sorry but it’s so hard to do anything fun anymore. I practically failing all my classes and I quit being in the school yearbook and photography club. Ella, I miss you. It’s all my fault that you died and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

Love from,

Aubrey