Someone New | Teen Ink

Someone New

When you meet someone new, someone amazing. Make them feel different, make them feel strange. Single them out and call out their name. Tell them that they’re special and make them feel that way. Be their friend, help them whenever you can. Support them in their trials and caution them in their adventures. Let this someone know that you love them. Then tell them you love them, show you love them. Hold their hand tight and gently kiss their face. Wipe the tears off their cheeks, make them smile from ear to ear and laugh until their abs hurt. Go on adventures, make memories, make love. Believe that it will last forever and think about the future. Talk about a family, friends, travels and romance. Reminisce and tell stories of times passed. Live well, laugh often, love much. Listen to their problems. Cry with them in times of need. Be faithful, never beak their trust. Take care when you disagree, admit when you’re wrong. Let them scream, accuse, and throw blame. When the time comes, if you really love them, you’ll let them be free. Let them fly high and reach their full capacity. Let them be who they want to be.

Never forget the adventures, the laughs... the love.

So when you meet someone new, someone amazing. Make them feel different, call out their name. Tell them they’re special, that you love them. Then let them go and wait, because they love you..

And they’ll come back.

If you truly love someone, let them go. And if they don't come back they were never yours in the first place. But they'll come back. They always do.