It's Been a Rough Day | Teen Ink

It's Been a Rough Day

By Lin5dsy GOLD, Carthage, Maine
Lin5dsy GOLD, Carthage, Maine

"You can turn off the sun but I'm still going to shine."

It’s been a rough day. My alarm didn’t go off, so when I realized what time it was I shot out of my bed and managed to step on my cat’s tail. He acted all rough to me afterwards. I went to go brush my teeth and there was no tooth paste left. The bristles were rough on my teeth and gums. Then I opened up my contacts case to realize only one was in there. I had a rough time seeing after only having one in. I went downstairs to see if I could find my extra contacts. There were two left, but they were both for my right eye. I needed my left. So then I needed to find my glasses, but I was was having a rough trying to find them. After I finally had found them, I decided I probably should wear brown to help match with them. I opened my closest and had a rough time trying to find something brown in the assorted colors of blues, greens, and grays. Then I had to get my basketball bag and school bag put together, but it was rough because that means I had to put another matching outfit together and try to find all my homework that was scattered throughout my room. Finally, I was out the door and heading to my car, but then I realized it was covered in frost. I had a rough time scratching it off so I could see clearly, but I managed. I got to school and had a Trig. test first period. I’ll just simply say it was rough. Then when I went to my second period where I normally eat a snack, I realized I didn’t have my lunch box. I’m still having a rough time trying to find someone to go get it for me. After school was over, I was hungry so I went to my grandparents house to make Mac N’ Cheese. It was rough when I found out I didn’t have any butter, but I could use sour cream instead. Finally, it was time for basketball. A place that I felt comfortable and wanted to work hard. But instead, I had a rough time with everything. I couldn’t dribble, shoot, run, anything. I even had a rough time catching the ball. So practice was finally over and I was able to go home. When I was on my way home, I had completely forgot that my gas light had been on since yesterday after practice when I was heading home. I had a rough time trying to get service in Carthage to call my dad to come get me when I finally ran out. Needless to say, I had a rough day.

Just something I wrote up for a journal entry.