Different...

“You can’t do anything!” my father yells at me and tears roll down my cheeks. “But I can become an author, I love to write or I can become social activist or something.” I say in protest. He doesn’t understand me. He thinks I’m a useless piece of junk.

I’m an average student. Not so extraordinary but I like to do things in an extraordinary way. I don’t like science or math. I like history and English so my father thinks I’m just an average. I can’t become a doctor or an engineer. He thinks I’m afraid of it. But I’m not! I just don’t like it. Everyone wants to become an engineer or a doctor or the CEO of a high profile company but not me. I like to listen to my heart.

My father is very dominating since he is the boss. No one has ever questioned his decisions as ‘why’ but I do it. I want to know ‘why’? That’s why I’m different. But being different isn’t easy. I face sarcastic remarks. They say I’m not a good daughter. They say I don’t respect them.

I love my parents but it’s just that I’m different. I won’t change myself for anybody and neither can I become a doctor or something else like that. I can become me. I’m a little different that’s why.

CherryPie said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:24 am
it's the same situation i have in my house right now.. my parents don't just get that i CAN'T be something like  doctor or engineer. and even if i become an engineer, i know i'll never be good at it and that i'll never be happy. but, what can i do? c'est la vie.

Abeera said...
Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:17 am
i feel pity for those parents who don't try to understand their children,they make them rebelious themselves,,and in result both suffer,,,
but think positive and try to deny in the way that may not hurt your parents,but who suffers knows better,

evawinchester247This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:10 am
truely said abeera....

Zoya_Khan said...
Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:57 am
I also want to become a singer and song-writer but...... :( Anyways never lose hope :)

cookiemonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:39 am
Wow. You and me, we both have this thing exaclty same. Dazed.. roxxy xoxox 

ItsallboutME replied...
Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:43 am
This is very strong, just as most of your work, I like the depth in this! Im a FAN!! 

Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:00 am
thanks so much....luv ya