Friends that Last a Life Time! | Teen Ink

Friends that Last a Life Time!

By Kassie104 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Kassie104 BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippeans 4:13
For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23

Walking through the halls of my junior year at Union High School, I had my best friend Allora on one side and my boyfriend Noah on the other. Life couldn’t get any better I’m doing great in all my classes and I have the best boyfriend ever.

We were all walking to lunch together when Allora whispered to me “Look! “Doesn’t Mary go out with Chris?”

“Yes” I replied.

“Well, look over there at her kissing Austin!”
Surely she was wrong Mary would never cheat on Chris that way. But when I turned around there Mary and Chris was kissing!
“That’s so gross! I can’t believe someone would cheat on another person like that! Don’t they think one is enough I mean come on! I blurted out.”
“I totally agree. Why would someone do that?” Allora said.

After lunch the rest of the day flew by until I was meandering around the halls because I’m practically failing chemistry and don’t wont to be in that class but anyways I went past the long hallway where the school has blocked off to remodel and I saw a couple kissing. I just shook my head but when I looked over again I actually saw that it was Allora and Noah!! I couldn’t believe my eyes. We had just talked about cheating and how they never would do it and there they both were my best friend and my boy friend for 6 months.

Before I could stop my self I blurted out “I can’t believe you!!
At that moment they both looked right at me I felt the blood rushing to my face like I was going to explode! They both looked at me like I was ghost and all she could say was
“Leanne I’m so sorry. Please don’t get mad at me.”
I couldn’t even concentrate on what she was saying I instantly walked up to her and slapped her across the face as hard as I could. I threw our friendship bracelet at her and stormed out. I could hear her in the background starting to cry but I didn’t care she had betrayed me.

The rest of the day went by as a blur I was felt so betrayed. Later near the end of the day Noah came up to me begging me to forgive him but I just kept walking I didn’t want to hear his lies. That night I couldn’t sleep I just kept thinking how things can go from good too bad in one whole hour. Finally I fell asleep but it felt like maybe five minutes later my alarm clock went off. I dreaded going to school I didn’t want to face them. I didn’t know what to do but I knew Leanne was still my best friend and I would have to talk about sometime. So I decided when I got to school I would talk to her.

“Hey! Leanne wait up I just want you to know that I forgive you I thought about it all night and I can’t let one mistake come between a friendship I’ve had for 10 years.”

Leanne looked shocked but relieved when I told her this.

“I’m really really sorry Allora I don’t know what I was thinking I shouldn’t have done that to you.”

The rest of the day was great Leanne and I talked everything out and we decided to never let a boy come between us again. We put our bracelets back on and just shook our heads when we saw Noah kissing some other girl at her locker. Oh well I guess some people will never change what a jerk.