Most Dngerous Game Continued. | Teen Ink

Most Dngerous Game Continued.

The Most Dangerous Game
Then he switched his light on … Continued
A man had been sitting in the middle of the room in a red velvet chair.
“Rainsford” screamed the general. “How in God’s name did you get in here?”
“Swam.” said Rainsford. “I found it much more relaxing and easier than walking through the treacherous jungle.” He said with a smirk on his face.
The general sucked in his breathe and smiled. “I congratulate you,” he said “You are the first.”
“The first to what?” asked Rainsford with a puzzled look on his face.
“The first to ever win the game” replied General Zaroff.
Rainsford did not smile. “I am still a beast at bay,” he said, in a low hoarse voice. “get ready, General Zaroff”
The general made one of his deepest bows. “I see.” he said. “Splendid! One of us is to furnish a repast for the hounds. The other will sleep in this very excellent bed.”

At that moment Rainsford had to make a decision, to kill him then and there or wait to create a better plan. Rainsford decided to wait to kill the evil General Zaroff.

Later that evening at dinner Rainsford and the general were discussing how Rainsford managed to make it out of the quick sand and escape the dogs. Then Rainsford proposed his idea.
“ I believe that it is only fair because I have won this game it is my turn to play it.” said Rainsford.
“Oh! Wonderful, I will release one of my strongest down stairs in the dungeon tonight and we will start our trek in the morning.” Zaroff said.
“That’s not what I mean.” Rainsford said in a stern voice.
“What exactly are you proposing?” General Zaroff asked with a puzzled face.
“I am saying that it is now my turn.” Rainsford said “It is my turn to hunt you. You are my game.”
“Well, I don’t necessarily think that is a -“
Rainsford interrupted. “It is only fair, and you know it. You will have until the morning and then I will start the hunt.”

With that being said Rainsford finished eating his meal and then abruptly ran out. Rainsford casually walked up to the bedroom and laid down onto the bed. He looked up at the ceiling and thought about how far he had come. He had to think about how he would execute this mission. Then all of the sudden he thought of the reason he came back. He dashed down the stairs and into the dungeon.
He opened the door to find four men pacing the room and there he saw them. There was 3 bodies of young, frail men on the floor.
“Who are you?” asked the smallest of the four living men. One of the men was rather large and looked to be about the same age as Rainsford, The other seemed to be a couple years younger with Red hair. The youngest of them all was a frail little blonde boy; his eyes were as big as his head. He was scared out of his mind. And the fourth man was an older gentlemen but looked like he was in good shape.
“ My name is Rainsford” he stated “ and I am here to help you!”
“Come, Come” rainsford said as he motioned the men into the castle. “Would you like anything to eat?”
“Yes please!” said the oldest of the men. The others all nodded their heads in agreement.
They all sat down at the table and began to devour all of the food on the table. They hadn’t eaten for days .

“ So boys I have a task for you…” Rainsford said with a smile on his face.“ Tomorrow we shall go hunt.”
“Hunt what?” asked the red head.
Rainsford paused for a moment the simply stated “We will hunt the awful man who put you in this God awful place.”
After they finished eating Rainsford herded them upstairs to the beds.
“Get some sleep, we have a big day planned for Tomorrow.” Said Rainsford as he turned off all the lights.

The men had started there hunt before the sun had even risen. They had decided to hunt as a big group rather than venture out and separate. Rainford thought they would be stronger together. Then men had been wondering in circles for the past hour but just as they were about to search another area they heard the bushes rattle. It was him.

At that very moment they all pulled out there weapons. You could feel the tension in the air. One by one they followed Rainsford as he walked towards the bush. Then you see a tail stick out of the leaves. It was one of Rainsford guard dogs. Rainsford went to take a closer look at the bush. The closer he got the more he could smell it. It smelled like … like a dead body.