Old Memories

Despite popular belief, Tristan and I weren't dating. We'd been best friends since we were kids. We had spent most of our days goofing off, and frankly, still did. His girlfriend had broke up with him, so I wanted to cheer him up by going out for Chinese. Even though I was the one studying Mandarin, he enjoyed going out for Chinese more than anyone I'd ever met. One of the many things that made him my best friend, was his enjoyment of life. It complimented my depressed nature and lifted me up when I was down.

Now walking around this little town, the brisk breeze gave me goosebumps on the back of my neck. Tristan seemed ok and as bouncy and chipper as ever. Why I ever thought he needed cheering up, was beyond me. Maybe I was the one needing cheered up. Surprisingly, he often had that effect, but just on me. Even for a techno style kid, he was unpopular. All they cared that he wore Tripp pants and leather jackets, making him evil. I wasn't mega popular, but he made me seem like the homecoming queen. But, that never had bothered him. He just didn't care.

"Amelia... You're a bazillionjillion miles away. Why?" He said stopping mid-step, looking at me with his innocent blue eyes.

"No I'm not. I can't be, considering there's no such thing as 'bazillionjillion'." I teased.

"There's in Tristan's World. Come on reality's for people with no imagination. Be free." Tristan grabbed my hand and started running around whooping and hollering, all the while pulling me behind him while I laughed and tried to keep up.

After a while, we stopped in front of the park. He stared at it for a second and asked, "Isn't this where we first met?"

"Yes, space captain. You came down the slide to closely after me and fell on me!" I said accusingly.

"Oh, yeah. Haha, oops." He shrugged, walking to the afore mentioned slide. I followed slowly. He looked at me and said, "Climb up there and wait for me. Go on." I gave him a look like he was insane, but did as he directed. He clambered up behind me.

"Remember what happened after that?" He whispered stepping a lot closer to me.

"Yes, you felt bad because I was scared to go down it again. So, we climbed up together and you put your arms around me..." I stopped as Tristan pulled me into his arms.

"What else?" he said.

"Tristan, what are you doing?" I asked incredulously.

"What did you make me promise, Amelia? Do you remember?" he whispered into my hair. His breath was warm and my skin tingled under it.

"I... I made you promise you wouldn't let go. No matter what." I said softly.

"And I promised you I wouldn't. I told you I'd never let you go. And I didn't" he said, his eyes shining. Some how, I didn't think he was talking about that trip down the slide anymore. "I'd never let you go. Even if you thought I did. I'm never letting you go." He whispered. His hand came to my chin and gently made me look him in the eye.

"Tristan... What are you doing?" I repeated. He smiled.

"Amelia, I'm moving. To Chicago." he said suddenly. I swear I heard my heart crack.

IcithraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 23 at 2:33 pm
I thought that was really good- it flowed nicely, and it made me appreciate it not only for good writing but good storytelling. Good job!

MarieAntoinette2014This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 15 at 10:26 am
That's very kind of you. Thanks!

bugnikkiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was AMAZING great job!

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:53 am
Thank you so much!!

Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:00 am
Hey, just wondering, would you read a sequel from Tristan's P.O.V. in Chicago?

bugnikkiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yeah no problem!

Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:49 am
Ok, then I will start trying to get it uploaded!

Dec. 17, 2012 at 11:02 am
Ok :) But you are a really good writer.