It's hard. | Teen Ink

It's hard.

By GillianSaysRAWR BRONZE, Piscataway, New Jersey
GillianSaysRAWR BRONZE, Piscataway, New Jersey

"Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." – Edgar Allan Poe

It’s hard to smile. You have a feeling that everything is going to come crashing down around you and it will happen at any second. Your mind spins, it spins until you’re ready to collapse. Each thought goes deeper into the dark alley that your mind turned into. Each detail hangs in the low fog around your ankles, and it can grab a hold of you at any minute, causing you to fall. This alley only becomes deeper as each day passes, and each new thought drags you into the abyss. There’s no escape, there is no end. Turning back is just so hard to do when you’re already as far in as I am, and you are already too deep as well, am I right? You’re engulfed. It has a control over you now; this, shall we say, sadness. This sadness is now somewhat of a comfort zone, an area you are so used to being in. It’s like your bed, a place that is so painful and hard to leave once you’re sucked in. It only gets worse. Soon, every little thing you see or hear brings you back to those thoughts, those thoughts that started all of this in the first place. It’s an endless cycle; the alley only gets longer, the sadness only gets stronger, you and I are hopeless.