That's my diary.

“Maybe it was his eyes. I could swim in those eyes. They were a dark blue. Then his hair was just so perfect. Maybe that’s what I liked best. Then there’s his voice. Not to deep but not high like he hasn’t gone through puberty yet. Maybe it was just his everything. He amazed me every day by looking so awesome. When he’s around I can barely breathe. He might not even look my way but just knowing he is near makes me content.” Gina heard from across the lunch room. Gina stopped and held her breath. That couldn’t be her diary. She listened. “I love you Henry. Why can’t you love me back? You’re all that I think about most of the time. Well I guess I better get to bed. I will see you tomorrow ever faithful diary.” The person continued. Gina felt the color drain out of her face. She had written that last night. That was her diary. “Oh hey Gina. I was just showing everyone your amazing writing talent.” The person said. Gina gulped. The crowd of kids that were gathered around the table parted as Gina’s older sister walked her way. “What are you doing with that?” Gina asked dumbly. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes. Her sister just stared at her. Gina reached to grab her diary out of her sister’s hand but her sister quickly took a step back. “Give it back Becca.” She said quietly. She looked down and studied her old worn shoes. They were her favorite pair and they usually provided her with comfort but it wasn’t working this time. “I didn’t know you like Henry.” Her sister said looking back at the crowd that she was entertaining. “Come here Henry.” Gina quickly looked back up to see the boy of her dreams walking towards them. She took a deep breath. Her heartbeat sped up. “Yeah?” he asked in his perfect voice. “Do you even know who this is?” her sister asked with a smirk. Gina looked at him. She looked from his perfect hair to his gorgeous blue eyes, finally settled on his whole face. “Yeah.” He quickly said in a “whatever” tone. His answer caught her sister by surprise. She took a step back. “You know my sister? My nerdy sister?” she said with disgust written plainly on her face. Gina smiled a small smile and looked back at her sister with triumph. “Yeah, sure I do. She’s the girl always staring at me in English. I mean it’s kind of creepy.” He said laughing. Gina dropped her lunch in shock. She felt her heart stop. “That’s a lie.” She said with wide eyes. “Is it Gina? I mean with your diary entry and everything it would make sense.” Her sister replied. “I don’t stare at you in English Henry.” She defended her voice rising in pitch. The crowd laughed. Henry smiled. His gorgeous smile was mocking her. Finally the tears that had been threatening to spill over did. “I don’t stare at you at all Henry. Becca how could you do this!” she said wiping her eyes. She snatched her diary out of her sister’s hand and ran out of the cafeteria, tears spilling down her face.

NiallsGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!! This is so a situation that I have been in many times. Poor Gina!

Bookwizard replied...
Omg you have?? That's so terrible.