I'm Happy With Him, Really | Teen Ink

I'm Happy With Him, Really

August 20, 2012
By VannahRose7113 BRONZE, Rowley, Massachusetts
VannahRose7113 BRONZE, Rowley, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A girl sat at the edge of the bed. A boy sat next to her.
"No, no I can't," the girl said, pulling herself off the bed away from the boy.
"Everything will be fine I promise," he said.
"I just," she turned back to him, her voice shifting to a quieter tone, "I don't-"
"You don't." He got up and stepped next to her, pulling her at the hips closer to his body.
"Well, I, I'm," he kissed her and she broke away, "No, I don’t want to."
The boy moved away from her, turning his back to her, he looked over his shoulder.
"You know Charisse and Seth just broke up?" He looked at her before looking back to where the bed was.
She held her arms tightly to her chest. He turned back and stepped over to her.
"You don't want to?" he asked, rubbing the sides of her arms.
"I…” her voice was shaking, “Please Josh.” She opened her arms, pushing his hands away, “I'm not ready."
"It'll be fun," he said.
"I don't know."
"I love you." He ran his fingers through her hair.
"I love you too," she said, looking him in the eyes.
"I'm ready,” he said.
She turned her eyes downward.
"I know you are."
"You're special." He took her hand in his, "I'm really happy when I'm with you.”
"Please, let me think about it." Her eyes started to water. He let go of her.
He looked at her once more before heading to the bedroom door. He picked up his backpack, and glanced at her as he slung it over his shoulder.
"You should talk with Charisse; I think she is pretty sad about the break-up."