THE PUPPET

Its five o clock in the morning and the sun is passing lightly through the window and the gray sky in a warm amber glow. I was too weary to get up out of bed. I didn’t want to face the music, didn’t have the strength to face the days.
After all he was still here.

And he was still waiting for me. I did not want to get out of bed.

I knew he was waiting for me in the living room, waiting for me to make a show.

A puppet show and guess who was the puppet?

I let fall stone heavy legs that slammed against the floor hitting my ankles and heals.

I dragged myself up wobbly, jumping from foot to foot avoiding the ice cold linoleum floor.I sat back on the bed.

I did not want to be a puppet.

I slipped on warm furry Bart Simpson slippers inching towards the door and peered out.

Looking for him.

He wasn’t there. I hope.

The house was hushed at first and otherwise vacant with the exception of my him my mother and me.
Someone shrieked my mother.

The sound of a belt slapping on bare skin was familiar and echoed through the house hold.

I ran to the master bed room which was right beside my own. i scurried to open the locked door with a penny, sticking the coin in the slot and turning it.
The door swung open silently and I began to scavenge through his drawers. I put a hand on the bottom of the drawer.

My footsteps were hushed from the fluff of the slippers as I ran out with a beautiful black pistol.
The scissors to cut my puppet strings.

I dashed towards the living room and looked dead at him beating my mother senseless with a belt and his fists.

I dont want to be a puppet. I thought weakly.

"Father!" i screamed at him.

I pulled the trigger.

I will not be a puppet.

SkylerMorningstar said...
I thought that was really great

Florence replied...
thank you i really apreciate it!

the3rdkind said...
This is very inspirational, the word choice is good. and i really loved the ending. Quite powerful.

Florence replied...
Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:15 am
Thank you so much.

Louisiana said...
this is wonderful!!!!

Florence replied...
Please keep your comments positive and constructive. We'll remove anything inappropriate. Thanks!

Florence replied...
srry lou the computer did that tnx so much lou

SethP said...
I like the idea for this story. You captured some emotion, but I think you tried too hard to load in descriptive adjectives to create imagery. Try to let your writing be more natural, that way your writing--and thus your stories--will flow more naturally.

Florence replied...
Tnx seth I apreciate what you're saying I really needed the feedback. so tnx again. :)