Un-normal Behavior | Teen Ink

Un-normal Behavior

June 7, 2012
By alyssaiselli BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan
alyssaiselli BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Bianca?” Ms. Redick questioned.

She hadn’t seen her daughter since yesterday afternoon. Searching her house, she eventually found her passed out on the floor.

“Bianca, wake up, it’s three-o-clock,” Ms. Redick said.

She had to repeat herself a couple times, her voice growing louder each time. On the fifth or sixth time, Bianca slowly opened her eyes. She looked around what appeared to be her room, trying to figure out what happened. She looked to her left and saw two bottles of Vodka; the peach kind, her favorite. She looked to her left and saw some Smirnoff bottles, an assortment of different flavors. Bianca tried to remember what she did last night. After a half hour, she was awake and able to walk downstairs. She looked around the house, everything seemed normal. Her mother was on the phone with someone from a place called Betheseda Homes. They were discussing prices for something Bianca didn’t care about. She walked off to the kitchen, grabbed the box of Frosted Flakes, and poured herself a bowl of cereal. Once her mother was off the phone, she walked into the kitchen, a concerned look strewn across her face.

“Bianca, this has to stop,” Ms. Redick stated.

“What has to stop?” questioned Bianca, her mouth full of cereal.

“This habit you have, drinking yourself to the point of passing out. It’s not healthy.”

“I don’t see anything wrong with it though,” Bianca exclaimed. “It relaxes me. Anyways, I’m just in my bedroom, it’s not like I’m at a wild party.”

“Party or not, this has to stop,” Ms. Redick said coldly. “If you don’t stop this behavior, we will find you a solution that will help knock some sense back into you. You never used to be like this, I don’t know what happened.”

“Mom, I’m fine. Nothing’s wrong with me!” Bianca exclaimed.

She refused to believe she had a problem. She was normal after all, right?


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this piece because a similar situation happened to someone I know. I thought it would make a really interesting story. I decided to write about it, changing the names of course, and it makes for a very realistic story.