A day in the life of the bullied | Teen Ink

A day in the life of the bullied

QueenLiz BRONZE,

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -Anais Nin

It seems like the bathroom is where I spend most of my time. It’s not like I enjoy the bathroom, but it is the only place I can ever get any privacy. My tears stream down my eyes, down my blimp cheeks, and fall off my beefy jaw. I sit in the foul smelling bathroom stall with its white doors and walls which are lined with graffiti. I can just briefly make out the words f*** you on the door. Isn’t that a great thing to look at when you’re peeing? ,I think. I try to laugh, but it comes out more of a hack. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, which leads to some kind of tasteless sauce entering my mouth. I look at down at my shirt. It is stained with marinara and chocolate milk. I let out a whimper and pull my hair. I start beating on the door as hard as I can. My favorite shirt is ruined. My dad got this shirt the day we went to the zoo. It was just me and him. Now the monkey was not hanging from a tree but some kind of red vine. It was two days before he died. It was the last thing we did together. We made funny faces at the monkeys, fed the goats, and even rode on a camel. The lunch bell draws me out of my precious memories. I hear the sound of footsteps past the bathroom door. A group of girls are laughing. It reminds me of lunch and the disastrous ending. I was just waiting in the lunch line. I had barely eaten breakfast this morning because my mother was having one of her breakdowns. She barged into the kitchen with her face in a snarl. She marched around the kitchen and halted at our black coffee pot. “Where’s the coffee? Where is it?” “I didn’t make you any,” I whisper. “You didn’t make me any. You fat horse! You’re just too fat and lazy to do anything around this house!” She hooked the coffee pot in her meaty hand and threw it to the ground. “Clean it up,” she screamed. As you can imagine as I got to lunch this afternoon I was starving. As I was about to grab my lunch tray, Liz Allan captain of the cheerleading squad, spilled her lunch on my shirt. Then Liz’s boyfriend Nick elbowed me in the stomach as hard as he could and I fell to the ground. Every student in my school stood there laughing. Nick put his arms in the air and yelled, “I’ve slain the beast”. I can’t live like this anymore. I walk out of the bathroom stall and walk over to the wall. “I love you Dad,” I scream, “I just want to be with you.” As hard as I can I bang my head against the wall. Then I can’t see anything except darkness and I know I’ll be free.

on Jun. 4 2012 at 7:26 am
QueenLiz BRONZE,

I think this is good work.  Thumbs up for me.