Freakshow- Headphones & Airplanes | Teen Ink

Freakshow- Headphones & Airplanes

May 19, 2012
By TheBellusSociety PLATINUM, North Olmsted, Ohio
TheBellusSociety PLATINUM, North Olmsted, Ohio
22 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." -Gilbert K. Chesterton


Today when we had Study Hall, Atto was bored. A bored Atto is a dangerous Atto, that I learned. He had no homework except a computer project. In computer, we had to compose a song out of prerecorded soundbites. He convinced the teacher to let him borrow a laptop. "Oh Fiddlesticks!" He exclaims. I lean over to him, "What's wrong?" "I forgot to get headphones." "Just ask to go get a pair." He raises his hand. Our teacher, Miss Leemon, looks up, "Yes Atto?" "Can I go get some headphones?" "Didn't you just leave to get a laptop?" His usual smile fades, "Well, yes but..." "No buts! You already left once. Unless you are returning the laptop, you are not permitted to leave!" He sits down and opens up the laptop, his eyes glinting with a vengeance yet to be reaped. "Atto? Don't do anything rash, okay?" He clicks, types and drags until he stands and presses the mouse once. As soon as he lets go, 'Shout it out Loud' by Kiss blares through the classroom. "ATTO!" Miss Leemon screeches, "TURN THAT OFF!" "Can I go get some headphones?" He asks. "IS THIS REALLY THE TIME TO BE ASKING?" "Yes, can I go get those headphones now?" "FINE!" He presses the mouse. "You have been most cooperative." The teacher just sits down. He comes back with the headphones. Halfway through class, he is finished. "I'm bored, what should I do?" "Make paper airplanes or something, I'm busy." He absentmindedly folds all papers he can find into airplanes. A girl in our class asks the teacher to borrow a piece of paper. "You don't really borrow it, do you?" The girl turns, her blonde hair flipping over her shoulder, "What?" The girl is Ashley Wysocki, the most popular girl in school. My cheeks turn red as she looks down on me with disdain. "Are you going to return the paper?" He asks innocently. "No, why would I?" "Well," He explains, glad she asked, "You said you were borrowing it, implying you were returning it." "No, I just need a piece of paper." "Ah, Ah, Ah, that's not what you said." "Just shut up already! Oh, I need to borrow, er, take some tape too." "You have tape... WORM!" "You really are the creepiest kid in school." She sneers. He stands up, a full three inches shorter than her, "Just because I don't fit into your mold of normal or," He makes air quotes, "'Cool', doesn't mean I'm not. I think your just jealous that I broke your blonde, anorexic, blue-eyed mold." He then turns on his heels and marches, robot-like, out of the room.


The author's comments:
The next installment for Atto. Please comment if you read.