Freakshow- Friends you don't like and Online Gaming | Teen Ink

Freakshow- Friends you don't like and Online Gaming

By TheBellusSociety PLATINUM, North Olmsted, Ohio
TheBellusSociety PLATINUM, North Olmsted, Ohio

"The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." -Gilbert K. Chesterton

Atto was at my house and I had just logged on to 'Wizard Quest', my favorite online game. Atto looks at the screen and says, "Why bother?" I look at him, "Because it's fun?" He watches my wizard avatar run across the screen and get into a battle with a cyclops. "You can do most of this in real life!" I look at him again and he explains, impatiently, "In real life you can fight, play card games, chat with friends, and play with pets! This whole thing is pointless!" Just as I am about to offer a counter argument, my mom comes to the door and says, "Honey, Megan's here!" I let out an audible groan and say, "Be down in a minute mom!" He gives me a sideways glance as we walk down the stairs, "Don't you like Megan?" "No, but she likes me! And I can't get rid of her!" I walk to the door and give Megan an awkward wave, "Gee, sorry Megan, I already have Freak... Er, Atto over, so I don't want to make him uncomfortable." He grins his Cheshire Cat grin at me and says, "I would love to be acquainted with Megan!" I glare at him and he takes her pale hand in his gloved one, "Atto meet Megan." "Atto Anormales, charmed, I'm sure." He kisses her hand. She blushes, "Your friend is so polite!" I groan, "Believe me, I know." As we walk out the door Atto puts an arm around each of us and says, "Now we go somewhere and don't come home until we have seen the sun set!" That afternoon I have more fun than I have ever had in my entire life! We went to the park, sat on the swings and listened to 'Kiss', got ice cream at Pop's, and watched the sun set on the giant hill behind the Rec. Center. As Atto walks me home, I ask him how he manages to make everything good. "It just takes the right outlook." "Well all I can say is I am looking forward to tomorrow." He tweaks my nose, "Now you've got it!"

Atto #5. We've all got a friend in our group of friends that no one likes. Watch how Freakshow eliminates that hate and replaces it with the love that made that person part of your group in the first place.