The Forever Wishing Girl

I thought I knew everything I needed to know. I was wrong, that is why I needed you. The day you left me, was the day my life fell down like the rain that took you away. I should have gone with you that day, into the car and down the street. I should have gone with you, swerving off the road to avoid that little boy. You told me that you would be with me forever, but forever was a lie. Unless you are talking about the wishes I have made. When I see your favorite flower, the rose. When I smell the radio bars cooking in the oven. Even when I hear laughter of children. A wish forms in my head, that you were here. I remember the first time I saw you. It was in seventh grade. You were laughing at something your best friend Darren said. Your laughter was like jingle bells, loud and flamboyant. My sister had gone to Africa for the peace core the day before, and your the reason I first smiled. You distracted me from my concentration on putting one foot in front of the other (I was clumsy, even them) and tripped sending my many notebooks to scatter across the cold tile floor. You caught my eye when you got down on one knee to help me. One of my poems flipped open and you smiled at the title. I felt my face burn, which made you smile wider. Little did I know, that from that moment on we would be friends. That as a freshman in high school, you would send me a bouquet of white roses to me, and that you would be my date to junior prom. I also didn't know that your life would be torn from you. That my life would be stripped from me, because my soul was dying. I didn't know any of this, until it happened. I will die without you, unlike what your promise was. So now I will forever wish, that the blood did not stop pulsing, and that my love was never there to begin with.

SkylerMorningstar said...
Awwwwwww that was soo sad but cute

Forever-Wishing replied...
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

xXSpyderGyrlXxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
nice job Case

Forever-Wishing replied...

Thank you so much, it means a lot!