the happening pt.3 | Teen Ink

the happening pt.3

By bluefadoodle SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
bluefadoodle SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota

poptarts are pathetic

“Are you ok?” he asked in between kisses. Alex could always tell when I was upset. I looked at the waves crashing on the sand. It was the clearest water I had ever seen. The sun was just setting below the waves.
“Yeah I’m just worried I guess.”
“About what?” he asked stroking my face softly (that makes my whole body go numb).
“I don’t know, I guess my family what if I can’t save them in time or I’m not fit to be a princess.” “You will be I have known you forever and you are the kindest, most thoughtful, caring person I have ever met. “
We sit for a while just looking at the stars and the moon. I love moments like this. This is why I love him; he gets me and doesn’t treat like scum like my other boyfriend did. We use to be best friends and then we got closer and became more than friends. I still tell him everything like I did before. He is like one of my best friends and my boyfriend combined (how awesome is that). My mind kept playing images of him. I was in my dreamy lala land and nothing could disturb m…
“Hello princess, back to earth now ok?”
Oh that’s right I forgot about the annoying little pest that had been my guardian for the past three weeks. “Don’t you know not to wake me up when I’m sleeping? “ I swear if you didn’t belong to my dad and didn’t know how to get to Apelia I would get rid of you in a second.”
“You swear that every time I wake you up.” He said while climbing over me to get an apple on the nearest branch. “Besides if we are going to get to Apelia in time we must get going.” Yes he said we must ,since I found him in a map to guide me to Apelia I have realized that he talks like that 24/7 it gets really annoying. Apparently he was an experiment of my great grandfather’s in like the fifteenth century or something so he talks really old like.
“I was having a dream!” I yell as he finishes eating the apple including the core, yuck.
“I could tell, it was about Sir Alex I presume.” Yuck that old English again. This will make him mad.
“Yah and it was really nice and like super romantic.” Well that worked better than I thought. He hates when I speak in not adequate grammar. He hates it when I say like a lot too.
“Miss Lea need I remind you that you are a princess not a surfer dude and you are supposed to talk elegantly with much grace, and for your information I do not wish to correct every time you fail at having good edicate. “
“Well sorry I didn’t get the lesson in proper princess grammar when I leaned to talk. Besides I didn't get to choose if I wanted to be a princess anyway. They didn't ask me if I wanted to go on this long journey to find my parents who got kidnapped by giant mutants the size of a skyscrapers.”
I have stopped crying since they got taken now I just get really angry and hit something. This time it happened to be the apple tree we were resting at. When Minx saw that look on my face he ran. I stormed up towards the tree swung at it and… 10 meters… 80 meters… 1 mile… It was gone. “Wow princess that was a very good hit and use of your powers.“
“Thanks.” I grumbled. Oh yeah that’s right did I forget to mention that I have powers yes real ones. Like the kind gods and goddesses have. Yeah that’s another thing, I’m part god, apparently my grandfather met this goddess and well… I’m sure you know where babies come from.
I know this is a lot to take in but it was even harder for me to digest.
“Get down.”
“Wait why?” then I saw what was supposedly the once beautiful kingdom of Apelia. And Alex, the crilocs had him they were taking into the caste I heard him screaming my name. So I ran to the castle as quickly as I could.

This is the third in a what I hope to be a series of stories. It isn't like the others but I felt like making the story more interesting so I hope you like it.