The Worst Present | Teen Ink

The Worst Present

By Dalma1121 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
Dalma1121 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

dkDBSDHKbfffhahfdabfueibfafbfhfdaskjfhasihfiebfiu hfajkfe badfbeiu abfdaf ahfuie

It was 8:00 in the morning on Christmas day, and I was only ten years old. That morning I looked out my window and saw that it was a little foggy and dull, but the weather didn’t stop me from my happy Christmas feeling. My mom was still asleep, so I went in her bedroom jumped on her bed and said “
Mom, mom, wake up, wake up, its Christmas!!!” When my mom woke up she was pretty upset. But we went downstairs towards the Christmas tree.
When I saw the Christmas tree from the distance my heart was filled with warmth, and the smell was so nice and fresh. But the thing that made me jump up and down was the presents. There were so many presents, big ones and little ones with every kind of boxed gift you could imagine. I just wanted to tear all the wrappings off and see what was inside each and every one of them.
We sat down near the Christmas tree, and the first present that caught my eye was a little pink box. I loved pink. It was my favorite color in the whole entire world. I picked it up and gave it a little shake. It was really light, so I thought that it could be some earrings or a necklace. On the back it had a card. I read it, and it was from my aunt. It said, “ To Marie, I hope you can buy all your favorite things with this.” I was very eager to open it. I tore the wrapping apart, it was a gift card to my favorite store called Claire’s. I was so happy I asked my mom if we could go to Claire’s tomorrow to get some things with the card. She said “Alright’”
The next day my whole body was filled with excitement. When my mom was driving me to Claire’s, I was thinking about all the things I could buy. My mom parked the car, and I got out and ran towards the door. I walked in, and I saw many beautiful things surrounding me. I took my basket and started putting all my favorite items in it. After about 40 minutes, my basket was all full. I asked my mom for the gift card, and she took it out of her bag. I took the card and went up to the cashier lady I said, “Can I get all these please?” She scanned each item very quickly. Finally she scanned the last item and says, “It is $49.99.” I went ahead and gave her the card, she took it and swiped it, but there was a puzzled look on her face. The lady looked at me and said, “I am sorry but there is no more money left on this card.” That was a very disappointing and sad day for me.

on Mar. 25 2012 at 1:25 am
Winters_Willow SILVER, Beijing, Other

"Treat others the way you wish to be treated." ~Ghandi
"You are the worst pirate I've ever heard of." "Ah, but you've heard of me." ~Pirates of the Caribbean
"A man who has never done anything wrong, has never tried anything new." ~Albert Einstein

Wow, that's a horrible present! I thought that maybe there would only be a few dolars on the card, and she would only be able to buy something like a hair-tie, but.... o.o