A New Year | Teen Ink

A New Year

By AnushLoveee17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
AnushLoveee17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

sometimes you have to forget whats gone appreciate what still remains and look forward to whats coming next

Finally it was 2012. Adrine wished for her family to have more money. She had a big family, she wasn't the only child . She had a baby sister Lora , a 6-year old sister Mara and her big brother Daniel. Her dad died a few months ago, he had cancer. Her mother Juliana worked as a nurse. Adrine's brother was in college but he had a part time job in a grocery store. The Kivaliyan's want to move to America, they live in Armenia, Yerevan. Unfortunately, Karina is the only child, Karina lives with her mother and her step-dad Eric Her real dad had died in a car crash about 5 years ago. 2 months Karina had auditioned for a dancing show she wanted to be on because she had danced for 9 years, Karina lived in L.A. Adrine couldn't wait until this summer because her cousin is coming to Armenia. Karina was in the 7th grade she was about to turn 13, and Adrine was in 9th grade she had turned 15 in February 20 . Finally it was May 15, 2012 it was Karina's birthday, Adrine called her and hoped for her to have a great birthday. After a few months Karina was packing her stuff, she couldn't wait to see her cousin, people always thought they were sisters. When Karina came into Armenia she saw her cousin and ran up to her " hey the auditions were so hard I don't think I'm going to make it." Karina said nervously. " I'm sure you did great, hey do you want to make up a dance and out on YouTube.com." They post a video of them dancing and after a week they got 7,000 views and one of the judges watched it and recognized Karina , Someone called on her phone. It was one of the judges from the show! " Who is the young lady dancing next to you in the video you posted?" he asked seriously. " Oh well that's my cousin Adrine" Karina said " you two are amazing and I think your dancing is beautiful and you two well be on the show you start next month!" Adrine and Karina were dancers on a show they loved and it was a way for them to see each other every day.

I wrote this story to show how a dream can come true. Enjoy