Movie Moments | Teen Ink

Movie Moments

By swee-t PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri
swee-t PLATINUM, Kansas City, Missouri

"You can't help but feel all alone when you don't know who the hell you are"

“How come real life can’t be like the movies? Why can’t we all have our own special scenes?”

Mathieu saw Stacy standing in the hall looking not quite all there, he walked over to her and touched her shoulder and she jumped.

“Oh!” Stacy said frightened, “You scared me.”

“Sorry,” Mathieu said with an apologetic smile, “you just looked so lost in your thoughts.

“I was actually,” she chuckled nervously.

“So what’s up,” asked Mathieu, “I mean if you want to tell me.”
“Well,” started Stacy, “there’s this guy I like and I kinda want to tell him but I’m super nervous… I don’t know if I can do it. What do you think I should do?”
Mathieu thought for a moment, “Well, you never know till you try right>
“Yeah, but what if he says no? I’m usually good with rejection but…” she trailed off.
“Well the way I see it, you can either not tell him and never know, or tell him, if the guy says yes then great. If he says no well, at least you know how he feels right?” Stacy pursed her lips in thought for a bit, then she decided.
“Alright, I’m gonna tell him.”
“Good,” replied Mathieu, “I’ll see you later then.” Mathieu turned to walk away but Stacy called him back.
“Wait, Matt.”
“Yeah?” he said. Stacy looked at her hands and smiled sheepishly.
“Well you remember like 30 seconds ago when I said I wanted to tell a guy that I like him?”
“Yeah,” said Mathieu a little confused.
“Well, that guy is you. I like you, and I was wondering what you think about me?”
Mathieu smiled and grabbed one of Stacy’s hands, he chuckled softly.
“You are amazing.” Stacy laughed and squeezed Mathieu’s hand he squeezed back and they walked to class together.