How to Survive | Teen Ink

How to Survive

March 7, 2012
By Anonymous

I woke up dazed. I didn’t know where I was. All I knew that I was laying on a cold stone floor that smelled of death. Suddenly I heard a large clanging noise on the metal door on the other side of the room. Then a loud shout,” Get out here!”
Then, he came in. He was huge, his face was brutal looking, and he was dressed in black. Then I looked upon his shoulders; I saw a big, sharp axe. I gulped loudly. “Well get out here!’ he shouted again. I got up weakly and stumbled over to the door. He kicked me on the back of the knee and tumbled down the stairs on the other side of the door, and out into the bright sun. I must of hurt my ankle or foot or something because I was limping pretty badly. The sun about blinded as I got out of the deep and dark dungeon that I have been in for days without light. Anyways, there was a large, angry mob of people that what looked like a town square. Then right in the center of it all, in all its glory, was a chopping block with dried blood on it.


I was pushed and shoved through the crowd while the people were throwing rotten food at me. I was thrown onto the chopping block very roughly. I spit some blood up from when a rotten pumpkin hit my jaw. The guy in black was named Henry, judging from the sudden chanting of the crowd. Sweat ran down my cheek, and maybe a little blood. The crowd chanted louder and louder as Henry approached. Then, I thought of a plan that might get me killed. Henry stopped right in front of me and gave me an icy cold stare that sent shivers down my spine. He raised his giant axe. Then he brought the axe down with much force to fell a tree in one swing. Just as I was about to get decapitated I moved my head just enough to get his axe stuck in the block. I took that opportunity and ran as fast as I could, despite my injuries I still ran pretty fast. I ducked behind into an alley when nobody was looking. I forgot to tell you my name, I am Daniel, and I have no clue how I got there.

The author's comments:
More coming soon…