That's Life | Teen Ink

That's Life

February 28, 2012
By KIKII BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
KIKII BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Success is our only option, failure is not"


Walking into a day of school is like, feeding yourself to sharks. Everyday I have to put on a fake smile and try to act happy. But the truth is ,inside, myself is braking into a million pieces. I try to act myself but people have brought me down so much, myself isn’t good enough anymore. I become a mirror of my-so-called-friends.

What if there is something better than this? I think. But I hid myself for so long the truth is unbearable for adults and friends. But what if it doesn’t stop? Well, I guess that’s LIFE.

The tormenting start! Friends start drama and I am apart of it. I don’t want to be. But I also don’t want to be the outsider. Somehow, someway I get blamed for the drama. Friends begin to hate me and it feels as though the world is ending at my feet. Telling me to say “ goodbye” I try to fix it all and explain that I did nothing. But what does it matter my-so-called-friends don’t listen and walk away gossiping to each other. Am I wanted? Will I ever find good friends? A tear gently falls down my face crashing to the ground with furry. Soon adults get involved and try to fix everything. The truth is they have no ides how I feel! Is this what happens when you hide yourself?

Tears are now screaming out of my eye’s. I run and hide. They find me and bully me. Screaming stuff that makes no sense, stuff that is not true. They won’t listen to what I have to say, they only keep pouring out words. My glass is full! Words hurt, it only makes me cry worse. My choir family, strangers, and school staff try to comfort me but it doesn’t help. Why don’t I forget about them? Its not like there true friends. Why can’t I let go, and say goodbye?

The author's comments:
I wrote this because I know how it feels to be hurt and everyday at school there's drama and people are getting bullied. I wanted to inform people that it is very real.