The day I almost Missed the Buss | Teen Ink

The day I almost Missed the Buss

By Audrie1998 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Audrie1998 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

The day I Missed the Bus

Have you ever felt really embarrassed, like you want to run and hide? No, yes, either

way I think you will enjoy this story. It was a cold, wet morning and I had done just about

everything I needed to on a Tuesday morning, get dressed, eat, brush my teeth the usual

routine. Jonathan and Isaac, my seven and five year old friends from my Mother’s daycare, had

awaited me at the door. We waited inside that morning, because it was too cold to stand outside.

I grabbed my shoes and put on my coat and when I turned around they were

fighting about MISSING the bus. I remember opening the door, grabbing my back pack

and huge science fair board and saying “Well, what are you waiting for go?” forgetting

about the ice, we shot out of the house and out onto the street. The wind was howling

and knocking at my board. I looked down and spotted the bus at the end of the road.

Thank goodness we hadn’t missed it.

Halfway down the street. I had looked back and saw Jonathan and Isaac running

down the street. They were quite aways behind me, but I knew it was too late to go back and

help, plus I had my gigantic board in my hand and had already made a fool of myself running

like there was no tomorrow. I reached the bus and lifted my foot to climb on then “Whoosh”

and “Bang”, I fell right on my butt. I felt so embarrassed. I wanted to crawl in a hole and never

come out. But I picked myself up and climbed onto the bus.

My best friend Katie was waiting for me on the bus. Laughing? “This is no joke,” I had

said to her. “This is a serious matter,” did you not just see me fall on my butt out there? “I’m

sorry,” she giggled. “It’s just funny I looked over and saw you running, then blinked and you

were on your butt.” That morning I had learned to set my alarm clock a little bit earlier and to

just watch for the bus myself, and to be extra careful after it rains and freezes over. Oh and I

had learned one more thing that morning, the next time that my best and sometimes unsporting

in a very serious matter friend Katie ever embarrasses herself which she has, trust me, I will

be the first one there and laughing.