written condemnation | Teen Ink

written condemnation

By africanbeauty GOLD, Palo Alto, California
africanbeauty GOLD, Palo Alto, California

They belong not to man but to the countries of junipers and sage, deep aromas, messes, and freedom

That day. I remember it like a picture on the front office wall of a children’s hospital, plain, and boring. The minutes turned to hours and the hours turned to days, but still, I was unsure of the setting, the people, and the conflict that had risen between them. The phone rang every second in that dark dreary room, but I didn't answer,I didn't have to, I knew who it was and what he wanted, but I wasn’t ready to give him that. The small pile of take out bags became mountains of waist, still I neglected the world. Then that one day it came to me, like a rainbow after a long drout, symbolizing truce between nature and man. A conclusion to my story, a light to my path. I quickly finished writing it down then sat back in the hollow darkeness, waiting for him to call again, and whan he did I was ready. “Sir” I said into the phone, “I’m ready for it to be published”.

I wrote this in my creative writing class at school, i was imagining how my first book would come to be published and this is what came to mind.When i first wrote it i was not expecting to end it this way, in fact, it all started out as a story about a girl who was running away from a reality that she couldn't quite cope with in her nonexistent life.

i worked really hard on this, i hope you all like. it brings me joy to change the world with my inner stories:) though it is quite a small world