written condemnation | Teen Ink

written condemnation

February 13, 2012
By africanbeauty GOLD, Palo Alto, California
africanbeauty GOLD, Palo Alto, California
17 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
They belong not to man but to the countries of junipers and sage, deep aromas, messes, and freedom


That day. I remember it like a picture on the front office wall of a children’s hospital, plain, and boring. The minutes turned to hours and the hours turned to days, but still, I was unsure of the setting, the people, and the conflict that had risen between them. The phone rang every second in that dark dreary room, but I didn't answer,I didn't have to, I knew who it was and what he wanted, but I wasn’t ready to give him that. The small pile of take out bags became mountains of waist, still I neglected the world. Then that one day it came to me, like a rainbow after a long drout, symbolizing truce between nature and man. A conclusion to my story, a light to my path. I quickly finished writing it down then sat back in the hollow darkeness, waiting for him to call again, and whan he did I was ready. “Sir” I said into the phone, “I’m ready for it to be published”.


The author's comments:
I wrote this in my creative writing class at school, i was imagining how my first book would come to be published and this is what came to mind.When i first wrote it i was not expecting to end it this way, in fact, it all started out as a story about a girl who was running away from a reality that she couldn't quite cope with in her nonexistent life.