Another Cinderella Story | Teen Ink

Another Cinderella Story

By Sofia Abd Elhady BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Sofia Abd Elhady BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey

Once upon a time there lived this very sad young girl. Her mother had just died and her father had married a widow with two daughters. Her stepmother didn't like her one little bit. All her kind thoughts and loving touches were for her own daughters. Nothing was too good for them - dresses, shoes, delicious food, soft beds, and every home comfort. But, even though the stepmother didn’t care for her, the father still loved her more than his two new stepdaughters. Always new dresses, only for her while her stepsisters’ got hand-me-downs. She always had the best rest and comfort. She didn’t have to lift a finger or do any work all day. And when evening came she was allowed to sit by the fire for a while, near the cinders. That’s why everybody called her Cinderella. Although Cinderella was much loved by her father, she was still very alone since her stepsisters hated her. They hated her because ever since she was little, Cinderella had her father wrapped around her little finger and always convinced him that she was the innocent, sweet little girl, and everyone else was bad. So, Cinderella was used to spend long hours all alone talking to the cat, devising plans to make her father hate her stepsisters more.

The cat said, "Meow", which really meant, "Cheer up! You have something neither of your stepsisters beauty!” It was quite true. Everyone always considered Cinderella a lovely girl. While her stepsisters, no matter how splendid and elegant their clothes, were still clumsy, lumpy and ugly and always would be. Cinderella soon realized that she was far prettier than her stepsisters were and always will be. But with all these comments on how beautiful and skinny she was, her head began to grow. She used to walk around, casting orders to everyone and everything thinking that they had to listen to her. No wonder why her stepmother and step sister’s hated her.

One day, beautiful new dresses arrived at the house. A ball was to be held at the palace and the stepsisters were getting ready to go. Cinderella didn't even dare ask if she could go too because her father was away on a trip and her stepmother would never bring her. Cinderella’s father had a way of always backing down and avoiding a confrontation when one would erupt. So when the stepmother would criticize Cinderella for something, instead of defending Cinderella, he just let it happen but tried to buy her something to make up for the pain. She knew very well what the answer would be: "You? You're staying at home to wash the dishes, scrub the floors and turn down the beds for your stepsisters. They will come home tired and very sleepy".

Cinderella sighed and said, "Oh, how little you know, but I had Daddy buy me maids to do all that stuff," and the cat murmured, "Meow". Suddenly something amazing happened. As Cinderella was sitting all alone, there was a burst of light and a fairy appeared.

"Don't be alarmed, Cinderella," said the fairy, "I know you would love to go to the ball. And so you shall!"

"How can I, dressed in this?" Cinderella replied, "You must get me a designer dress!"

The fairy smiled. With a quick call on the fairy's magic I phone, Cinderella found herself surrounded by the top designers in the world. She had Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace to her left. And to her right she had Valentino Garavani and Christian Dior all throwing beautiful dresses her way. Cinderella finally picked a dress and put it on. This taffeta evening dress features strapless design, hand made beading sprinkles on the slinky corset closure and a ball gown silhouette that gives the feeling of a princess ready to await her prince. She knew this was the one.

"Now for your coach," said the fairy, "A real lady would never go to a ball on foot! Quick! Get me a pumpkin!"

"A pumpkin? No definitely not. I need you to call the best Horse and Carriage Company in town." said Cinderella, flicking her hand at the fairy.

The fairy rolled her eyes and said, “Trust me.” So Cinderella does as she says and gets her a pumpkin.

Then the fairy turned to the cat. "You, bring me seven mice, and, remember they must be alive!"

Cinderella soon returned with the pumpkin and the cat with seven mice she had caught in the cellar. With a flick of the magic wand the pumpkin turned into a sparkling coach and the mice became six white horses, while the seventh mouse turned into a coachman in a smart uniform and carrying a whip. Cinderella could hardly believe her eyes. Shortly after Cinderella arrives at the ball and without stepping a foot in the door, she already sees the Prince from a distance. She made it her mission for the night to make him hers because she will finally prove herself worthy if she makes the Prince fall madly in love with her. She wanted to show her stepsisters once and for all that she is more important and prettier than they are.
The fairy told Cinderella before she left, “You must return before the clock strikes twelve or all this magic will go away.” Cinderella nodded and rode away, happily awaiting the ball.

Cinderella had a wonderful time at the ball until she heard the first stroke of midnight! She remembered what the fairy had said, and without a word of goodbye she slipped from the Prince's arms and ran down the steps. She told him to stay there and that they would be together again very soon. She knew that by leaving, she would lose the Prince. So Cinderella devised a plan that she was sure would work. She left one of her slippers on the way out the door, but needed to make sure that it was the Prince who picked it up. She wanted him to long for their next meeting and for her to be the only one that occupied his mind. If the last stroke of midnight were to sound, oh, what a disaster that would be! So, out she fled with a sinful smile on her face and vanished into the night.

The Prince, who was now madly in love with her, picked up the slipper and said to his ministers, “Go and search everywhere for the girl whose foot this slipper fits. I will never be content until I find her!” So the ministers tried the slipper on the foot of every girl in the land until only Cinderella was left.

"That awful untidy girl simply cannot have been at the ball," snapped the stepmother, "Tell the Prince he ought to marry one of my two daughters! Can't you see how ugly Cinderella is?" But, to everyone's amazement, the shoe fit perfectly.

Suddenly the fairy appeared and made a magic call. In a flash, Cinderella appeared in a splendid dress, shining with youth and beauty. Her stepmother and stepsisters gaped at her in amazement, and the ministers said, "Come with us Cinderella! The Prince is waiting for you." So Cinderella married the Prince and lived happily…for a while.

Soon after the marriage of the Prince and Cinderella, the Prince realized who the real Cinderella was and the plan she had devised upon the night of their meeting. The Prince finally understood that it was not him who Cinderella loved; it was the fame and fortune that came along with being his wife. The Prince, tired of Cinderella's arrogant and showy attitude, looked elsewhere for comfort and affection. He happened to meet Cinderella's stepsister, Glenda, and began a love affair with her. He divorced Cinderella and tossed her out on the street. He told her that she is a selfish and spoiled brat. She denied this argument against her and claimed that he is still a little boy and needs to grow up. The Prince ultimately seeing that Cinderella was not his true love after all, decided to marry the stepsister, Glenda, and live happily ever after with her.