Fight | Teen Ink

Fight

By ThePrestige BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
ThePrestige BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

Nikola Tesla: You're familiar with the phrase "man's reach exceeds his grasp"? It's a lie: man's grasp exceeds his nerve.

The steps towards each other are completely different and they should be. Day’s spent watching each other perform , every hit broken down to it’s very core. In this sport when you make a mistake you will pay. Throwing “feelers” out each fighter circles their opponent , trying to grasp their timing. Anthony, the taller fighter, has a lean build and a five inch reach advantage over his opponent. He is a jiu-jitsu specialist but his opponent has questioned his striking skills, a deadly mistake. The second fighter is Danny a shorter and more stocky fighter, known for his devastating right hooks. Everyone in the building is sure his plan is to rush his opponent and test Anthony’s jaw.

They continue to work around the cage tapping each other here and there. The crowd becomes bored boos begin to rise, but Anthony has no problem with handling this. Danny, the less emotionally stable of the two, attacks he blindly charges in and Anthony quickly dismisses the attack with a crisp jab. Followed by another swift jab, Anthony’s hands seem to be set free. Hit after hit his hands were like rifles and he was unloading. Danny acted just as he had been trained step and circle to avoid being boxed in, but his training couldn’t do it all. Fear began to creep up his spine maybe his training was not rugged enough or was this man simply that much better. Then an opening Anthony had dropped his left hand. Danny took advantage of this with a swift right hook, followed by a stiff left jab.

The confidence took a full tilt in Danny’s favor. He began to swarm attempting to break his opponent while his knees were still buckling. Danny became so anxious that he took a long jab and missed. As if in slow motion before he could pull his hand back Anthony gave him a clean right hand across the face. Danny was out , body stiff he fell straight to the ground as if he had ran out of batteries. Anthony got on top and pummeled Danny until the referee could no longer watch it. Anthony had no fears once this was over , and neither did Danny. He turned to the crowd as to say accept me, and they did. Danny was awake when he turned around he congratulated his opponent. They both knew that without a doubt the both would leave with no fear.

I was engulfed in writing it and finished it in one sitting , enjoy.