What If

What if we could see into the future? What if all are questions were answered? There would be no surprises, no flutter of butterflies in stomachs when you first get kissed or when you get engaged. It’s all expected. That’s not how it is meant to be but I wish, just for this one thing that it was how it was meant to be.

I don’t understand. I don’t want to really. For the first time ever I wish I could’ve seen this coming, could’ve prepared myself. I didn’t have to go to class I could’ve stayed at my apartment home sick. But that’s not what happened and there was no way to go back. My heart pounded in my stomach, the darkness was so scary. They say that when you’re a coma there is no pain, no feeling or emotion. The truth is pain, feeling and emotion are overpowering when you’re in a coma. I tried to open my eyes I had always hated black and white movies but would appreciate the second color now. The sound of my heart pumping was so loud and elaborated, I was glad, at least it was pumping. I was trying not to go back to the memories but there was nothing else to do.

******
“Hey I’m off to class!” I shouted to my roommates.
“Bye Ashley!” Brittany called after me.
I walked out the door. The warm spring breeze hit my face. My finger skimmed over my car key, I decided not to drive. As I walked down the side walk I slipped my hot pink earphones in my ear. Jack Johnson’s Breakdown came on; I was in the greatest mood. I got to the cross walk. My hand reached out to the crossing button but there was no need, there was a red light. I walked across and just as I got to the other side the red light flashed to green. The same thing happened at the next cross walk. I was on campus and close to my class. I got to the last cross walk and pushed the button. As soon as the red light flashed on I began to walk across the road. The lanes were pretty much empty. I looked down at my iPod; the son what if was playing. I looked up, bright car lights and then darkness and pain.

******

I wanted so badly to cry. My heart slowed down and I struggled to breath. I wanted to go up to heaven and have all pain go away. I tried to hold on though I knew how my mom would feel and my fiancé and everyone else. My last heartbeat was the worst to endure and I couldn’t hold on.

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 5:01 pm:
Nice job! I really liked the beginning =) 5/5!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really good! Did you know you get banned from the chat if you post too much? I certainly didn't....and I have no idea how long I'm banned for...ug. Well, anyway, good stuff!

TLASoyer said...
I loved the whole thing especially the last part good job

WrittenEmotions said...
This is great!! Finish!(: 5/5

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, i absolutely love it, the endings really had strong taste of the worlds and living emotions, i honestly give you 5/5 !

Mike6546 said...
This is really haunting, i want to read more about it!

MusicloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was really sad. It was good though. I think you should try expanding on it a bit more.

Shorty5 said...
Amazing emotion in your writing piece!!!

girlonfire said...
That was really sad but amazing. The concept and emotions were all really good. Keep writing!

thefamoustapper said...
Very cool, love the concept 5/5 :)

SarahJean2014 said...
Like it, very creative:)

Shmelmo said...
I really like this - it has a lot of emotion in it. I think you could have added to it by giving more information about before the accident and then the family/friends reaction to it. My favorite part was "I had always hated black and white movies but would really appreciate the second color right now." Cool comparison. Could you check out my poem - Once a Survivor, Forever a Fighter.

youngwriter10 replied...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:12 pm :
yep i well and thanks for the input i think youre right. :)