The Flames | Teen Ink

The Flames

January 8, 2012
By alyssa_k BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
alyssa_k BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

All of the sudden, the only thing I saw was flames. They were all around me. I had no idea of what to do in this situation. I jumped out of my bed and ran down the stairs, taking them two at a time. Everything was burnt or burning. The fire and flames were headed up the stairs, like they were coming for me. I panicked and dashed up the stairs as fast as I could. I went back into my room and closed the door, not which closing it would stop the fire from burning my entire house down.

I reached for my phone then realized it was down stairs charging. I went for my home phone in my parent’s room. I dashed across a hall of ferocious burning flames and grabbed the phone and ran back to my room, which thankfully wasn’t affected by the fire, yet. I dialed 911, with shaky hands. It rang for a while, then right as I was about to give up all hope for anything, I heard fire trucks.

I ran to my window and shoved it open as fast as I could and waved my hands like crazy. I don’t think it helped, there was so much smoke I could barely see the lights on the fire trucks.

I sat on my bed and cried. After about five minutes, I heard a man yelling “Anyone in here?”

I was so excited, I yelled “Yes, up here! Help me please!”

A tall man came in my room and grabbed me. I don’t remember what happened from my room to outside, but once I was out I was put on a stretcher and brought to an ambulance. They checked my breathing, which I was not doing. I don’t remember seeing my mom, or dad, or my brother.

All I remember is right before they were about to shock me, I woke up. My house was fine; I was fine, everything was normal.