Mistaken

He stared at my hands, trying to find a meaning. Trying to discover why I was breaking up with him.

"Why?" He asked, looking into my eyes. He was searching for an emotion, for regret, for something that existed beyond my calm smile. "There has to be a reason." He muttered to himself. I was a puzzled before him. I watched as he mentally handled my brain, trying to uncover its many secrets.

"I have none." I shrugged. I laughed, reality was behind me. I watched as I emotionally destroyed his entire heart. As I consumed his love, and spat out hate.

"You're a liar." It was a clear statement, but to me it was as if he'd asked a question. "I know you like the back of my hand." I shook my head.

"You think you know me," I corrected. "It's called a game," I paused for dramatic effect. "Haven't you ever played one before?" He was stunned. I smiled sweetly, enjoying this very moment.

"Not on someones heart!" He spat, I flinched but quickly gained my confidence. I laughed loudly, making him take a step back.

"Well, then you've lost." I shrugged. "The weak," I began, "Never win. The weak," I added, "Never see it through till the end."

"So," he started, "You're weak?" I scoffed at his question.

"My dear, I am far from it." I tapped my chest. "I learned from my scars, from my past, and I'm not weak. I'm the exact opposite. The reason why I've managed through an entire year with you is because," I paused, not really knowing the answer. "Is because I needed something, someone to pass the time." I smiled, kissing him on the cheek. "You've helped me waste countless days, and you've worked well as a wonderful distraction." He pushed me away.

"But," he stammered. "But, you love me!" He stated, but again, it sounded like he was asking whether or not I really did.

"Well, love," I began. "Your weakness has you mistaken." I turned around, and left my ex-boyfriend standing in utter shock. When the bell rang, and I walked my way to class, regret not filling my soul one bit.

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
Well that was definitly different from anything I've read on here, to be honest I'm glad you've changed lol xD I felt so bad for the guy lols but its cool that you were so honest on here about how you used to be