Death's Scars

My dad was dead.His body was ice cold. My heart completely froze. I was only six years old. What did I know about death? How was I to survive this terrible imprint on my heart. Death's scar. The sirens were awful. The wait unbearable. But death hits us so fast we can't breathe. So here I was six years old without a father, and no tears could truly fill the longing I felt.
Seven years later..
I awoke to the sound of trees being cut in our backyard. It was a gloriously sunny day with clear blue sky. It was the beginning of June, my favorite month of the year. I put on some clothes and walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast.
"Hi, honey,"my mom said.
"Morning' mom,"I replied.
I got out a box of rice krispies, my favorite , and sat down at the kitchen counter. I picked up hate newspaper and started to read and article titled "Death's scars".
My heart pounded as I read the article, it was about my dad,Brent. I started crying. The article brought so much back it was unbearable.From that day on Death's scars had imprinted on me the worse kind of feeling longing...