And if the bright lights don't recieve you. | Teen Ink

And if the bright lights don't recieve you.

By Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona

As the tide washed in the Dutch tulip man faced the ocean, "Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator, look at it: rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."
"What's that?" Anna asked.
"Water," said the Dutchman, "Well, and time."

She had her life planned out ever since she was 10. She wasn't gonna let anything stop her. She was moving to New York no matter what happened. Even if it meant leaving the only person she's ever loved. She turned around as she sat down on the train and saw his face glowing with tears. She wanted him to come but she knew he wouldn't want to. So, she didn't invite him. She turned her head not looking back. Isn't this what she wanted her whole life? Didn't she want this? She wasn't gonna let some short relationship with a guy she just met ruin that. So she didn't look back. And as soon as she turned the corner she forgot all about him. She was finally starting her life and nothing was blocking her way. She was free and there was nothing anyone could do to stop her. This is where she wanted to be her whole life. She was happy.

Have you ever listened to the song 'Bright Lights' by Matchbox Twenty? Well go listen to it, because that's what inspired this piece. (: