Two Warriors | Teen Ink

Two Warriors

By BrianTheLion BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
BrianTheLion BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona

"First seek to understand, then to be understood."

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger"-Nietesche
This is nice to see happen but it is not always true. What's the difference between a Vietnam veteran and one coming home the the Afghanistan fight? You hear of the Afghanistan vet returning home as a paraplegic but still succeeds at sports. What you might not have seen was the Vietnam vet who comes home to resentment and the name "baby killer". The afghan warrior is showered with words of achievement. The Vietnam vet lives in the darkness that reigns over him. The afghan vet radiates health even after the workout regimen he has endured is over. Then you have the Vietnam vet who sits in their own drunk fumes muttering words of bitterness to themselves. Just from these few examples you can see that what doesn't kill you doesn't always make you stronger. Sometimes it lives and radiates around you. It can slowly torment you and make your knees buckle from a pain so deep your conscience can't compete. Nietesche wasn't wrong but he left his quote unfinished. "That which does not destroy me, makes me stronger...if I beat it first"

this quote is missing something

BrianTheLion BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona

please give me your honest opinion so i can improve myself as a writer