Yahna | Teen Ink

Yahna

By alyssalove BRONZE, Woodstock, Georgia
alyssalove BRONZE, Woodstock, Georgia

She walked down the long, dark path. She had no idea what she would find there. All she knew was that danger lie ahead. The morbid scent of death filled the air. It was as if dead bodies lined the trees beyond the iron fence on the path. The torches were blazing, but to her eyes it was all too dim. Beyond the gate light shimmered through the iron bars. What lay beyond those bars were a mystery to the girl. Of what did she know of death and the afterlife? She just knew of love and life. She was just a child... In a woman's body. She was innocent and pure, that would never change. She drifted along the pathway. The moon was full, clouds were coming in. The winds picked up but she didn't care. All she wanted was to know what lay beyond the intricate iron bars. The air was chilled, like the breath of a cold, dead person. The rains picked up and crashed down. The drops pierced her skin and her hair went wild, like a black wild fire. But she didn't care. All she wanted to do was find what was behind those iron bars. The clouds grew darker, the winds, once just a mild breeze now had the strength of a hurricane. The tornado's eye hit down a few hundred yards away. Lightning struck a tree. Her hair was stringy and clung down her body. Her satin dress, a deep purple, shined in the moonlight.
Yahna. Yahna. The trees whispered her name. Yahna. Yahna. Chills ran through her body, shocking pleasure surged through her. Her long black hair surged through the air, where she was lifted into the sky and never to be seen again.