The Kid's Church | Teen Ink

The Kid's Church

November 18, 2011
By KENZ4 BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
KENZ4 BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Roses are red, violets are blue, your with her, and I'm happy for you. Violets are blue, roses are red, I'm just kidding, I want her dead.


In the corner of Jefferson City, on Floors Lane there is a little ghetto church. Where kids who have suffered and been through so much finally get a break, and a chance to meet with God. Joey was just on of those kids, whose mom was into drugs and daddy was locked up. When Joey went to church he for got about his mom, his dad, the pain of what he would go home to. You see all the parents of Jefferson City lost hope, lost hope that God was there, that they would ever escape from Floors Lane, that there is a better future. Joey had Nate and Leon as his only friends. Their stories were pretty much the same as Joey’s messed up parents. The only adult they could go to was reverend Stapps. He let them call him by his first name, Robert even though some of the youngest little boys and girls called him dad. So for that one hour every Sunday all the kids were siblings with their one dad.


The author's comments:
My friend Leon and Katie and Randy inspired me.