My other world | Teen Ink

My other world

By RheRhe BRONZE, Garland, Texas
RheRhe BRONZE, Garland, Texas

You don't realize what you have until you have lost it.

A dancer. That's what they call me. I'm a ballet dancer, a lyrical dancer, a jazz dancer. It's too many words for them to say, so they mesh it all together and they call me a dancer. It's not just dancing to me, it's art and I speak through it. When I have nothing to say, when I'm angry, sad or when I'm just plain joyful,I dance. When the music begins to play, it fills up my entire body, drowning any pain or fear. My hearts starts to beat slower and everything seems to be in slow motion. I close my eyes and I let the music flow out from my finger tips. I feel the sweat dripping from my brow. I begin to move with the beat and I move across the floor with anticipation. I feel as I'm going into a deep sleep. I open my eyes and I'm in a completely different world, a world I swear I have seen before. I turn and I feel my wet hair slash across my neck and I float into a river of peace. I feel light and airy as I leap into the sky. The warm sun set shines on my face. Suddenly, the music stops and I slowly open my eyes. I see people coming back into my sight and the stage lights burning on my back. It's quiet, so quiet you can hear a pin drop. I smile as the crowd erupts into applause and cheers. I catch the rose that is thrown to me and I walk off the stage praying that I changed lives, because I knew I had changed mine.

This is my experience when I dance.